Portrait of Dubai
Portrait of Dubai
- Release Date: 1st January 1970
- Asset ID: 801125
- Synopsis: A programme that shows the transformation of Dubai from a barren desert to a thriving industrial region, focusing on the construction of the largest oil container tank ever built.
- Shotlist: 10:00:11 Map of the Mediterranean, and the camera moves to the Middle East and CU of Dubai. 10:00:55 Aerial of Dubai, GVs of goats, people travelling on boats. 10:02:00 Town GVs; shops, traffic, markets. 10:02:24 A man listening to a radio smoking, CU of English typewriter and Arabic typewriter. 10:02:40 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, ruler of Dubai, at a table talking business; aerial of Dubai, tanker dropping anchor, merchants talking on the phone, ships unloading cargo. 10:04:40 Merchants and traders selling goods; watches, toy cars, vegetables, clothes. 10:06:00 People getting off a passenger aeroplane, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum still at a table talking business. 10:07:15 Shots of water gushing out a pipe, an irrigation facility, soft drinks bottle manufacturing (7up), a man working on very early computer system, a woman working in an office being called by a fan, a nurse injecting a baby, men and boys in a classroom listening to teacher who is using a black board. 10:09:30 CU of neon lights. 10:09:45 Derrick GVs, drillhead CU, drillers, platform aerial in Fossa field, construction of platform legs, huge innovative storage tank GVs. 10:13:15 Golf, horse riding, camel feeding, party with Arabic singing, Church bell ringing, Church and Mosque GVS. 10:15:00 Moving the huge steel towers and sail out. 10:16:50 Underwater welding shots. 10:18:50 Bagpipe band greet the Sheik and a large audience as they watch the container tank sail-out, which is named Kazan Dubai No. 1. 10:21:00 Deep water harbour construction GVs. 10:21:20 BOAC aeroplane landing and shots of the tank releasing the trapped air that helped it sail.
- Production Company: Spectator Films
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None