- TITLE: Modern Oil Refinery (1951)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1951
- SYNOPSIS: A diagrammatic film which is the first in a series about oil refineries (the second is Chemistry of Oil). It introduces the newcomer to the layout of a modern refinery and the main products that it produces. The position and purpose of each of the main pieces of plant is explained briefly.
- BP ASSET ID: 801119
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:01:31 Caption 'The British Petroleum Company presents A MODERN OIL REFINERY'. Credits. WS pan across oil refinery. WSs of tankers which transport the oil from the Middle East. CU of jetty from tanker. WS of refinery with pipe in FG. CUs of pipes. WSs of crude oil storage tanks. 00:02:39 Diagrams to explain process. 00:04:06 WS of crude oil distillation unit. 00:04:15 Diagrams to explain process. 00:04:41 CU of oil flowing through test tubes. 00:04:59 Diagrams to explain process. 00:08:27 WSs and CU crude oil distillation unit. WS of solvent plant. WS vacuum distillation unit. 00:09:05 Diagrams to explain process. 00:09:11 WS catalytic cracker. WSs platformer. WS pan of lubricating oil plant. WS pan of chemical treatment plant. 00:09:59 Diagrams to explain process. 00:11:54 WS pump house. WS cooling water pouring out of pipe at pump house. WS power station. CU of power station with pipes in FG. WS refinery at night. WS pitch black apart from flame. BP logo. 00:12:38 END.