- TITLE: In the Land of the Shah (Mute)(1926)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1926
- SYNOPSIS: A mute B&W film with clip reels and explanation panels telling the story of Iranian oil production.
- BP ASSET ID: 801101
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: B&W
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:01:42 Sheep being herded, people standing by a river as people sail past on a makeshift raft. 00:02:10 Trading at bazaars; weighing and selling vegetables, kebabs, hair dressers (barber), ruined ancient fire temple. 00:05:20 Surveyor / geologist and assistant working in mountains. 00:06:00 Workers erecting a steel derrick. 00:06:20 Percussion method to break the ground for oil and bailing out the oil. 00:07:30 Rotary drillers at work. 00:09:10 Burning of waste gas and oil. 00:09:30 Verey pistol being used to ignite the gas. 00:10:10 CU of dial. 00:10:30 Railway line scenes with cars and a steam train passing through mountains and over rivers 00:11:15 Construction of the railway lines and detonated explosions of mountainside to make way for railway lines, cars travelling on newly created roads. 00:13:00 Steel workers, welders and factory workers. 00:14:30 Pipeline LS and GVs and pipeline layers and painters. 00:15:35 Aerials and GVS of Abadan refinery. 00:17:05 Oil can factory and workers . 00:18:20 Workers leaving Abadan refinery. 00:18:45 Camel caravan carrying oil. 00:18:58 Man and mule close-up with oil can on mule's back . 00:19:10 Tankers at sea leaving Abadan. 00:20:20 Diagram of tanker route and more tankers. 00:20:55 Tankers at Queen's dock. 00:21:20 Flexible hoses unloading oil from the tanker. 00:21:45 Llandarcy Refinery LS. 00:22:50 Rail tank wagons leaving Llandarcy (with BP Motor Spirit logo on the side of the wagon). 00:24:10 Very early BP road tankers leave depot (Shell Mex BP logo visible on the front of one). 00:25:10 Very early BP petrol station. 00:25:45 Miss Winifred Brown flying a plane, LS and CU of face, and refuelling the plane, CU of BP Ethyl logo. 00:27:30 Car filling up at a very early BP Ethyl petrol station. 00:28:00 End.