- Release Date: 1st January 1971
- Asset ID: 800586
- Synopsis: A film showing how an oil terminal has not affected the local environment and people near a loch in Scotland, arguing if anything it has helped. The film is an exercise in reassurance for the people at Valez in Canada who are on the verge of having one built near them. The Canadian Sequences have aerials of Valdez, and crab fishermen working.
- Shotlist: 01:46:23 - Aerial Footage of Cordova Alaska, Prince William Sound, Shots of fishing boats in harbour with snow, GVs of snow covered landscape. Fishermen at work, pulling in crab pots. Good aerial footage of alaskan coastline. 01:48:58 - Cut to Finnart, Scotland. Fishing boat underway past oil terminal, oil storage tanks. Loch Long, Firth of Clyde. Sea birds over sea, fishing nets being cast. Fishmen at work. 01:51:11 - Tanker Port Hawkespur. Shots over tanker deck, tugs at bow, tanker mooring, CU plimsol line. Pipe boomsconnecting to tanker. Men at work in the terminal. CU Bow of tanker. Fishermen pulling in nets, gutting fish. Shots around the trawler.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None