- TITLE: Hovercraft N4 (1968)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1968
- SYNOPSIS: Documentary on the development of the N4 Hovercraft.
- BP ASSET ID: 801161
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Derek Stewart
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 10:00:00 Group of men moving a mysterious object to a lake side, This turns out to be a small 6 foot scale model of a new large hovercraft. Caption 'Hovercraft N4 a BP film, Technicolor'. The film briefly goes over the history of the hovercraft starting with the first cross channel crossing by Christopher Cockeral and Peter Lamb in 1951. 10:03:02 GVs Cows Isle Wight Hovercraft test centre. GVs N1 first cross channel crossing by Christopher Cockeral and Peter Lamb in 1951. 10:04:03 GVs M2 Hovercraft and then the 40 ton N3, N5 and N6 models, where they are tested in Canada and Borneo. 10:06:52 CU Plans for M4. 10:08:18 SR N4 Press Conference. Mr. Wheeler answers technical questions. 10:10:16 GVs passengers boarding N6 Swift and Sure. 10:10:54 GVs N4 being built in factory, Cowes, Isle of Wight. 10:14:58 GVs Pegwell Bay, Ramsgate before any Hover docking bay was constructed. 10:15:03 GVs Dover British Rail Hover port facilities Construction site. 10:15:30 February 1968 GVs N4 Trials. 10:18:18 End credits overlay 'a Derek Stewart production, Associate Producer Terry Trench, Director Gerard Bryant, Photography Harold Case, Editor Jeanine Bradlaugh. ENDS.