- TITLE: A Moment in Time
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1955
- SYNOPSIS: A film that shows the need for oil across the whole world and how BP is helping to meet that demand. Much of the footage is originally from the Oil Review series.
- BP ASSET ID: 801154
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Greenpark Productions
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 10:00:40 LS Houses of Parliament, Sydney Harbour bridge, New York skyline all at night, three men on camels, nighttime London traffic, steam train, BOAC planes at a runway 10:01:45 Tanker loading at Kuwait 10:02:10 Montage of front of ships with names visible; British Merit, Admiral, Architect, Virtue, Guardsman and Sincerity 10:02:25 Newspaper seller with the headline 'British leave Abadan', travelling GV of Abadan refinery 10:02:50 Security Council at the United Nations, International Court at the Hague, newspaper headline clippings about Abadan exile, old style BP truck pulls into service station as attendant fills up a car 10:03:20 Ext. Britannic House, CU of signs of various departments within Britannic House , CU of envelopes of letters sent to Britannic House 10:03:50 Rig move in a desert in Kuwait 10:04:10 Pipeline construction in Iraq 10:04:40 Llandarcy Refinery & Kent Oil Refinery GVs, barge in Antwerp with BP fuel onboard, Lavera refinery and Roman ruins of Provence, Hamburg GVs from river 10:05:45 Dunkerque (Dunkirk) sign and port and refinery GVs 10:06:10 Fleet of road tanker leaves depot, various BP service station GVs 10:06:50 A small boy carrying oil tins on his shoulder in the Middle East, tanker loading up oil, aircraft being refuelled; airlines include Scandinavian, Sabena, Swiss Air, and BOAC 10:07:35 Bubbling tubes and lab equipment, test well drilling in Africa, seismic survey test/explosion in the desert, rock sample testing in Papua, Ekring well in Nottinghamshire GVs, steam train leaves garage, traffic, Pan American World Airways plane 10:08:50 British Adventure tanker MS at sea, tanker construction at Clydebank docks, Chusan tanker, steam trains, BOAC planes taking off, the de Haviland and the red arrows!