Le Capitaine H (1961)
Le Capitaine H (1961)
- Release Date: 1st January 1961
- Asset ID: 801118
- Synopsis: Le Capitaine H is a BP film which attempts to reduce the oil industry to one of its smallest component parts, and to present the company's operations in terms of people - in this case the Captain of a BP barge carrying products from Le Havre to Paris. The film gives an insight into the lives of these people and their gentle nature - a contrast to the popular idea of the rough-and-ready bargee.
- Shotlist: With commentary. 00:01:30 Begins. Credits with nice views and aerials of Paris, barges on Seine, POV from barge. 00:02:15 GVs of loading up barge - Le Havre, casting off, and various other boats at port. 00:04:14 On the canal, lock keeper opens canal doors to let the barge through - GVs. 00:04:50 GVs of barge travelling down the river, view of large suspension bridge on the way to Rouen, the captain navigating. 00:05:43 Panning LS of suspension bridge. 00:06:00 Barge trundles along slowly. 00:06:12 GVs of life on board, and life on the bankside, little boy helping steer, women cooking, cleaning, ironing shirts, cemetery and old church, night falls and the barge moors in Rouen, eating dinner and washing faces, reading the paper, boy goes to bed. 00:08:52 Panning WS of the city of Rouen. 00:09:05 On board the barge, captain eating breakfast with his dog. 00:09:36 Views from the barge of countryside and river, old ruined castle, other boats, and tidying up on board. 00:12:06 Rainbow over the river. 00:12:20 Little boy grinning. 00:12:30 GVs of going through the lock, river GVs. 00:15:08 GVs of market stalls selling all sorts, people haggling and buying, captain looking around. 00:16:47 Wooden barges, horse pulling one along, people toiling away. 00:18:50 Life on the barge - more GVs: the captain bumps into his family by chance on the river and they have a meal, musicians (accordion and drums) dancing, drinking. 00:20:28 GVs of river scenes. 00:21:10 End.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None