- TITLE: Chemistry of Oil (1955)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1955
- SYNOPSIS: Educational film explaining in basic terms the hydrocarbon components within crude oil, and how they are separated.
- BP ASSET ID: 801113
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Merton Park Productions / Film Producers Guild
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: The second film in the Refinery series (the first is A Modern Oil Refinery), 'Chemistry of Oil' explains the terms 'atoms', 'molecules' and 'hydrocarbons' in simple coloured diagrams. The size of molecules is shown to differ between gases, liquids and solids; and their shape to affect the final products. This simple organic chemistry is then applied to an oil refinery. The separating and converting processes are shown by diagrams.