- Release Date: 1st January 1961
- Asset ID: 801111
- Synopsis: 'Angle Bay' gives, first, an impression of this ancient land and then, against the backdrop of the past, describes the present; Angle Bay is now an ocean terminal for the largest tankers. The terminal's headquarters is in rehabilitated Popton Fort. From the terminal a buried pipeline carries the tankers' cargo to the Llandarcy Refinery sixty-two miles away on the outskirts of Swansea. New history is indeed in the making at Angle Bay.
- Shotlist: 00:03:00 START Old map of Britain, camera pans in to Angle Bay, West Wales. Waves splashing against rocks. Seagulls flying. Shots of rough coastline. Trees blown over by the gales. WS walker walks past trees. Grey seals in the sea. WS GVs of sea birds on the coast. CU of guillemots on rock. GVs of rocky coastline. Views through holes in the cliff formation. WS of sea from land, camera pans right to burial site - manmade formation of huge rocks. CU and WS of burial site. WS pan across field to ring of stone. GVs of stone ring. WS GVs of countryside. 00:07:12 WS St David's Cathedral. GVs of the cathedral. GVs of ruins of castle. WS pan across Pembroke to the castle. GVs of the castle. GVs of Milford Haven coast. WS countryside with ship on sea in BG. WS ship on sea with small vessel in FG. WS Milford Haven dock in BG with vessel in FG. WS trawler sailing past. GVs of fisherman hauling baskets of fish and pouring them into buckets. WS of fort on the sea. 00:11:03 Quarry explosion. WS two men walking around Fort Popton. CUs digger. WS digger dumping rocks onto truck at fort. GVs of construction work at fort. WS two men drilling. WS construction work. WS LA jetty (VO is cut short). 00:12:42 WS lorry driving along dirt track. GVs of construction work. WS two men running down slope to giant ring, the foundation for tank. CUs of steel tanks and man welding. WS of bay. Pan across map from Fort Popton to Llandarcy near Swansea. BP van driving off with refinery in BG. WSs over refinery. WS cooling towers with pipe lying on earth in FG. CU of pipe across countryside. WSs men working on pipeline. WS steam train going along track with pipeline work behind. WS men in pipeline trench. WSs pipe being laid. WS men welding pipe. CU bulldozer ramming its way through a hedge. WS and CU machine cutting up ground. CU soil and rock being poured onto heap. 00:16:05 WS trench with pipe joints lying beside with cogs rotating in FG. Men joining two pipe joints together. CU man welding join. Pipe being laid into trench from POV inside trench GVs of pipe being placed into trench from outside. CU bucket sifting out mud from trench. CU man's feet getting stuck in boggy trench. CU men digging mud in path of tractor next to pipeline. WS pipeline construction in fog. Pipe being pushed along trench. CU pipe in trench with water. WS of pipeline construction next to water. Men digging up trench. WS pan across fields and sea. GVs of Tenby beach and people sunbathing. WS kids playing football next to pipeline. Men digging trench. 00:19:47 Bulldozers pushing soil back into trench. GVs Carew Castle. CU man on tractor. CU pan up Celtic cross. Tractor levels trench. WS pipe joints next to trench in Angle Bay. CU pan across tanks. CU man welding on tank. WS of bay. GVs of construction work at Fort Popton - roof being laid. WS jetty. WS of jetty from boat. 00:21:53 WS countryside. Team of men with listening equipment race along the pipeline, listening at different points between Angle to Llandarcy to hear pig passing through pipe as part of testing the pipe. 00:24:14 WS pan down uncovered pipeline with sound of pig passing through. WS team waiting for the end of the test at Llandarcy with tanks in BG. WS and CU the men turning the wheel at the end of the pipeline. WS a fountain of water spurts out. CUs a man listening out for the pig arriving at the end of its journey. The men unseal the pipe by taking the lid off the end. WSs the men watching. WS and CU the team support the pig as it comes out. 00:25:15 GVs of plough digging up field. GVs people planting crops in field. WS pan across countryside. WSs sea from shore with tanker in BG. WSs sea from on tanker. WS sea with jetty and tanker in BG. WS jetty from on tanker. WS pan across tanker. WS jetty and tanker from shore. CUs of tanker. WS jetty with tanks in BG. WS LA over pipes with tankers in BG. Credits. BP logo. 00:28:02 END.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None