- Release Date: 1st January 1978
- Asset ID: 801108
- Synopsis: The story of the transfer of crude oil from the stricken tanker, Andros Patria which exploded on 31 December 1978 off the coast of Portugal, to the BP tanker British Promise during January and February 1979.
- Shotlist: 00:03:00 Begins, GVs of the Andros Patria. 00:03:38 British Promise. 00:03:55 Towing the tanker. 00:04:00 Next step: removing the cargo. 00:04:44 Checking equipment on board. 00:05:20 Using telex equipment to communicate with London. 00:05:45 Welding. 00:06:03 Tug boat. 00:06:17 Offloading equipment on to tug boat. 00:06:28 BP personnel: Captain Fred Keach and Jack Lyle. 00:06:40 The ships get into position. 00:06:55 Weather charts. 00:07:04 Map of the route. 00:07:28 BP men working on deck. 00:08:10 Two twelve-inch cargo pipelines are connected between the two ships. 00:08:35 Diagram of the layout of a BP tanker. 00:10:25 Purging the remaining ballast tank with inert gas. 00:10:55 Measuring the pressure in the tanks. 00:11:25 Transfer commences. 00:11:40 Operation is aborted because of weather conditions. 00:12:22 BP shield logo on funnel. 00:12:40 Preparation for the transfer to the British Promise. 00:14:32 GVs of pumping - stops due to inter-ship movement. 00:15:03 Disconnecting pipelines 00:15:09 BP personnel signing documents and leaving the Andros Patria. 00:16:15 End.
- Production Company: Fine Cut Ltd
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None