The Ahmadi Cargo
The Ahmadi Cargo
- Release Date: 1st January 1963
- Asset ID: 801097
- Synopsis: A film about the oil industry in Kuwait addressing and explaining each stage in the oil's journey; from drilling rig to tanker.
- Shotlist: 11:00:00 Begins: Music, titles and credits 'The Ahmadi Cargo - The Geography of An Oilfield' - A K.O.C Film , narration begins, GVs of tug boats with crew going past large oil tanker named 'Ahmadi' in the port of Mina El Ahmadi, Kuwait. 11:01:11 GVs of tanker, port and loading pier. 11:01:40 Control centre of the filling station, man typing up 'shipping particulars' and marking them on blackboard. 11:02:36 Panning shot of desert and principal oil field Burgan, GVs of plant. 11:03:30 Map of Kuwait with oil fields marked. 11:04:06 Diagram of the Burgan field in section. 11:04:27 GVs of drilling derricks and men using them, close-ups of special drilling mud, geologist inspecting it. 11:05:17 Geologists working in a laboratory. 11:06:01 Jacking up of rig; towing it away leaving completed well - nice shot of rig being towed through desert. 11:06:35 Lab model showing 'water drive'. 11:07:30 GVs of wellhead and pipeline. 11:08:15 GVs of 'gathering centre' with pipes, man with clipboard inspecting them, cylinders, flow tanks, compressors. 11:10:46 Another lab demonstration. 11:11:14 GVs of pump engines. 11:12:12 Kuwait (?) flag, long shots of Ahmadi - north tank farm, the town, south tank farm. 11:12:37 Inspection of the crude oil on the south tank farm. 11:13:35 Control centre in Ahmadi, man using switches to control flow of oil. 11:14:17 GVs of Ahmadi refinery, pipework. 11:14:52 Kuwait Oil tanker Company truck. 11:15:13 Tankers ('Everest Maru', 'Bridgestone Maru', 'Universe Daphne') loading cargo, tug boat, port. 11:17:01 End.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None