Ulster Grand Prix (1955)
Ulster Grand Prix (1955)
- Release Date: 1st January 1955
- Asset ID: 801060
- Synopsis: The 1955 Ulster Motorcycle Grand Prix. Footage of the preparations being made before the race. GV's from around the track and images of John Lomus winning and receiving a rosette from the officials.
- Shotlist: 00:01:40 Titles; A Shell-Mex and BP film. 'The Ulster Grand Prix 1955' 00:01:58 Motorcyclists race around a track in the middle of the countryside. Production credits. 00:02:12 GV's of motorcyclists crossing a finishing line. Image of Bill Lomus with a rosette. 00:02:21 View across the empty track. GV's of officials organising the race. Photographers with cameras. 00:02:15 The competitors and their teams are working on the bikes. Testing tyres, fuelling 00:03:12 GV's of bikes including CU's. 00:03:31 Men working on the bikes. Children sit on a motorbike. Women have a picnic in the background. The riders chat to officials. Image of a policeman. 00:05:04 The riders ride to the start line grid around the official in a white coat. Mechanics bring tool kits to pits. 00:05:35 GV's from the pits. 00:05:43 GV's of competitors lining up on the grid. CU's of bikes and riders. 00:06:36 The race begins. Riders run and jump onto the bikes. GV's from around the race track. Spectators peek out from the long grass at the side of the track. 00:07:05 Wide angle view showing two corners of the track as the cyclists race around. 00:07:14 GV's from different sections of the track. Spectators stand right at the edge of the track. 00:07:41 Camera focuses of rider, the surroundings blur out of focus as he moves so quickly. 00:07:48 GV's from around the track. 00:08:36 Rider Chadwick fall from his bike. View of spectators flocking to see him 00:08:45 GV's from around the track including views from the back of a moving vehicle looking back down the track. 00:10:33 Views from the race cut with view of gentleman in the audience with a stop watch. 00:10:40 Rider leaving a pit stop. 2nd rider comes into the pit stop for more fuel. 00:11:04 wide shot of the leader board also showing speed. A gentleman slides in new numbers. 00:11:08 GV's of the race track 00:11:41 Man in pit stop holds out chalk sign reading 'Shell Fuel' 00:11:43 View of rider stopping in the pits for refuelling. Men sat in the pits check watches 00:12:09 Competitor rides into the pits front on to the camera. CU of refuelling and goggle change. 00:12:30 GV's from around the track 00:12:51 Rider pushes bike with a dead engine. 2nd bike tows him away. 00:13:05 Policeman rest on the side of the track. 00:13:11 Competitor rides into the pits front on to the camera. CU of refuelling. 00:13:37 GV's from around the track 00:14:04 Rider with the dead engine is in the pits. 00:14:13 wide shot of the leader board also showing speed. 00:14:17 CU of bike wheel with puncture. Man pulls a nail out of the tyre. View of rider having a cup of tea 00:14:31 GV's from around the track. 00:15:45 Rider is taken out of the race due to a leaking petrol tank. 00:15:55 GV's from around the track. 00:16:20 Man with checkered fag and photographers wait at the finishing= line. Man waves the flag as the riders cross the line with Lomus winning. 00:16:22 Lomus shaking hands with the crowd and officials. He receives a rosette and poses for photographs. 00:16:59 Graphic 'A Shell and BP Motoring service film' 00:17:05 End of tape.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None