Formula One 1956
Formula One 1956
- Release Date: 1st January 1956
- Asset ID: 801003
- Synopsis: Grand Prix motor racing is the subject of this b&w film which gives an impression of the seven main international Formula I races of the 1956 season - the Argentine Grand Prix at Buenos Aires... the Monaco Grand Prix at Monte Carlo... the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorshamps... the French Grand Prix at Rheims... the British Grand Prix at Silverstone... the German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring and the combined Italian and European Grands Prix at Monza.
- Shotlist: 10:02:31 START Captions 'The British Petroleum Company presents; Formula 1 1956; An Impression of Seven; International Grands Prix'. Credits. Caption 'Argentine Grand Prix, Buenos Aires'. Men on race track carrying flags. MS racing driver Juan Manuel Fangio amongst a crowd. WS Peter Collins walks with car and team towards camera. WS Sterling Moss walking with his car and team. CU of men walking along track with flags. WS of crowd. WS of start of race with crowd in BG. GVs of race and crowd. 10:04:31 CU of Eugenio Castellotti's car and team, out of race after two laps. MLS Castellotti walking near track with three other people. GVs of race and crowd. WS of Fangio who has spun off the track, his team push him back onto the track. Fangio wins race. HA shots of him being pushed through crowd. 10:05:24 END. 10:05:25 Captions ' Monaco Grand Prix Monte Carlo'. HA WS of Monte Carlo with sea in BG. WS of Monte Carlo. Cars being prepared for race with Monte Carlo in BG. 2S Nello Ugolini and Stirling Moss in discussion. 3S Fangio and his wife with a man. MS Peter Collins talking with a man. 3S Harry Schell with man and woman. GVs of spectators. Race starts. GVS of race and spectators. WS Louis Rosier pulls over to pits with tyre trouble. 10:08:02 CU of Castellotti pushing his car off track. 10:10:17 Perdisa is called into the pit. WS Ugolini writing down timings. 10:11:03 MCU Sterling Moss wins race. Moss wearing wreath, surrounded by crowd. Moss collects trophy. 10:11:21 END. 10:11:22 Caption 'Belgian Grand Prix Spa-Francorchamps'. Cars line up for the start. GVs of crowd. WS race begins. GVs of race. Luigi Villoresi drives into the pit, drives away quickly. 10:13:54 MLS Francisco Godia walks back to pit without car. 10:15:16 WS Stirling Moss running down track without his car. CU of his old Maserati on the side of the road. WS Moss running in pits. 10:17:38 Collins crosses the finishing line first. WS of crowd leaning over wall. The other drivers cross the finishing line. Collins gets out of car surrounded by people. MLS Collins on stand with trophy and flowers. MLS Paul Frere (2nd place) shaking hands on the stand. WS of spectators with binoculars. MLS Moss (3rd place) shakes hands on stand. MLS Peter Collins shaking hands in the middle of a crowd. 10:18:17 END. 10:18:18 Caption 'French Grand Prix Rheims'. Mechanics push-starting Villoresi. CU of Stirling Moss driving. HA Fangio driving along track. Moss's Maserati brakes lock, fumes come out from behind and takes escape road out. Fangio repeats Moss. WS Colin Chapman skids and crashes onto side of road, gets out uninjured. Chapman and another driver make their way back to the pits on foot. 10:19:53 WS of spectator cars parked at race. WS drivers walking along track before race begins. WS mechanic fitting wheel on car. CU of wheel. CU of car. WS gendarmes march down the track. MS track director briefs the drivers. Group shot of the drivers. WS cars lined up in pit before race. MLS Moss standing next to his car getting instructions. MLS Fangio with two men standing next to his car. 2Ss mechanics working on front of car. CU of driver sitting in car. WS team behind driver sitting in car. CU of front of cars with '10', '8', '24', '30', '28'. HA Moss's team pushing his car which won't start. Moss reverses to his starting position. 10:21:08 Race starts. HA overhead shot of race. GVs of race. Piero Taruffi drives to pit. CU mechanics work on the engine. 10:23:16 WS Moss returning to the track from an escape road. Driver getting out of car in pit. 10:25:06 Vanwall car drives into pit. WS Fangio had pulled into the pit, man runs up to him. CU Fangio drives L to R in 4th place. 2S of gendarmes watching. HA Seymour walking away from his Maserati. HA GVs of crowds at tables. CU cute spectator dog sitting on hay. HA of track as race finishes. HA of crowd. MLS Peter Collins, the winner, surrounded by crowd, has a drink. Paparazzi. HA WS Collins being pulled on top of his car by the crowd, with particular interest from the ladies. 10:26:05 END. 10:26:07 Caption 'British Grand Prix - Silverstone'. WS spectators in front of building with Daily Express sign on roof. MLS Fangio and team walking car along track. MLS Castellotti and team walking car along track. MLS Collins sitting on car as team push it along track. WS Moss and team walking car along track. WS Jean Behra being pushed along track in his car. WS Perdisa being pushed along track in his car. MLS Godia walking with car along track. WS Villoresi next to his car. WS Harry Schell being pushed in his car along track. CU of Maurice Trintignant in his car. MS Gonzalez with his arm around a man. WS Archie Scott-Brown being pushed along track in his car. WS Desmond Titterington being pushed along track in car. MLS Jack Fairman and team pushing car along track. MS Mike Hawthorne in car. MS Tony Brooks in car. MS Ron Flockhart in car. MS Louis Rosier in car. WS Roy Salvadori and team pushing car along track. WS Bruce Halford walking with team pushing car along track. MLS Horace Gould pushing car along track. WS of crowd. CU of front of car. WS spectators. WS cars lined up ready to race, race starts, Gonzalez pulls over to pit immediately. GVs of race. 10:28:54 Harry Schell drives into pits. 10:30:04 Brooks's overturned car on fire. CU of fire engine. Team pull car from track. WS people looking at crash. CU of smoke billowing from car and firefighter hosing car. 10:30:36 WS da Silva Ramos pulls out of race. Castellotti pulls into pit and gets out of car, mechanics change wheels, drinks and takes off again. WS Moss pulling out of race and gets out of car. WS scoreboard. De Portago in car pleading for one more lap from officials. WS crowd. End of race. MLS Fangio pushing car along track after he's won. MS Fangio surrounded by crowd. MS Collins drinking with crowd around him. MS Behra. MS Fairman in car surrounded by crowd and given drink. 10:31:52 END. 10:31:54 Caption 'The German Grand Prix; Nurburgring'. WS countryside around race track with Nurburgring Castle on horizon. WS spectators' stand with flags on L. CUs of cars being pushed along track to line-up. WS woman running along side of track. MLS driver with female walking along track. GVs of crowd before race. CU mechanics fixing car. GVs of race and spectators. 10:34:47 HA WS Villoresi pulls into pit to change plugs. CU mechanic working on engine. HA WS Scarlatti pulls into pit with gear box trouble. (Gould and Manzon have also pulled in). 10:35:27 HA WS Castellotti pulls into pit. HA MS Salvadori drives into pit. HA WS Gordini pulls int. HA WSs Gould and Mariolli (sp?) retire to pit. WS Ausso (sp?) takes car back into race. CUs Schell brings car into pits for overheating, mechanics take off bonnet. WS crowd. CU Schell returns to race. HA WS Collins is in the pit. 10:38:07 WS Castellotti in the middle of the track having spun. CU as he drives off. WSs of spectators. HA WS Halford drives into pit, CU as he returns to race. HA WS de Portago drives into pit. WS Collins returns to race from pit. MS Behra drives into pit. MS Villoresi tries to pull into pit but has to carry on race because there is no room. HA MS mechanics fix car. HA CU Halford stops in pit. HA MS Behra returns to race. HA CU mechanic tries to fix exhaust pipe to Halford's car. WS Schell drives into pit. MS car is smoking. GVs of crowd. Fangio achieves lap record. HA WS Halford driving into pit. HA WS of race cars parked side by side. GVs of race. 10:40:17 WS Fangio drives over finishing line. WS Moss finishes. MLS Fangio receiving his wreath. 10:40:34 END. 10:40:35 Caption 'The European Grand Prix, Monza Italy'. WS Scuderia and Fangio pushing car. WS side view of racing cars lined up. Drivers walking up to cars. HA WS racing cars parked, people walking around. MLS Schell with man at side of car. WS Fairman, Leston and Flockhart pushing car. GVs men working on cars. GVs of drivers chatting before race. WS men holding up flags before race begins. GVs of mechanics and drivers before race. MS man on radio communications system. MS man communicating from inside. WS man running at side of cars before race begins. Race starts. 10:42:29 WS Bruce Halford being pushed off by his team. GVs of race and spectators. WS Musso and Castellotti parked in pit. Castellotti returns to race. WS de Portago pulls into pit. MS Salvadori pulls into pit with fuel leek. MS mechanics fill car with fuel. WS team push Salvadori back into race. 10:44:19 Taruffi parked in pits with oil leak. 10:44:54 WS Fangio drives around corner, wheels are at funny angles, had to try not to veer off track. HA WS Fangio pulls into pit. MS Castellotti returns to race. WS Schell walking along pit. 10:45:48 WS Moss runs out of fuel and pulls in to pit. MLS Mrs Moss despairs. GVs from race. 10:46:10 Musso's steering goes and he pulls into pit with fumes coming out of back. WS Musso with team walking away from race. CU of Maserati team jubilant at winning. MS Flockhart in his car surrounded by team and gets out. MSs crowd surrounding Moss, waves to crowd. WS pan of empty race track. BP logo. 10:46:57 END.
- Production Company: RHR Productions
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: BP Only
- Format: BetaSP_Large
- Alternative Language Notes: None