BTC Video Progress Report - 9 September 2005
BTC Video Progress Report - 9 September 2005
- Release Date: 9th September 2005
- Asset ID: 800221
- Synopsis: Update on the BTC project, nearing its completion. The programme includes the First Oil Ceremony at the Sangachal terminal, the programmes set up to help the people who live along the pipeline and the challenges faced.
- Shotlist: 00:01:00 Map of the pipeline area. Montage of images from each site. 00:02:07 Aerial shots over Sangachal Terminal. Ext. and int. GVs from the terminal. HA WS over Baku next to sea. WS of grand building next to main road. WS of street in Baku. HA view over city and coast. Yachts on water. People on top of a tower, camera pans back to people in street. WS officials shaking hands outside the Caspian Energy Centre. Officials cutting ribbon (one is Duke of York). HA view of press filming officials lined up. Int. GVs inside centre for pipeline's official inauguration, musicians playing. WS fireworks over water. Official inauguration at Sangachal by presidents of Georgia, Turkey, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. John Browne (BP CE) opens tap on model of pipeline so that crude oil flows out. 00:03:53 IV Michael Townshend (CEO BTC Pipeline Co). CAs - WS of river running through Georgian town. WS GVs of mountainous pipeline route. CU of jetty at Ceyhan. Map of pipeline route. Graphics with caption 'Azerbaijan'. WSs of rivers along BP pipeline route. HA view looking into contained area with water. CUs of pipe lying in water. CU of pipe lying on a support. GVs of water around pipeline area. Man walking past horizontal pipes. GVs of the pipeline site and men working. WSs of water around the site. GVs of the pipeline being pushed into the water. Ext. night time GVs of Sangachal Terminal. WS operations team waiting on station platform as train pulls in. They get on the train. GVs of their train journey along the pipeline route from Mediterranean to Caspian Seas. 00:07:05 IV Dave Calvin (BTC Pipeline Operations Director). CA GVs of Calvin and the team assessing the preparedness of major facilities along the pipeline route. Graphics of terminal. Trav aerial shots over Sangachal. GVs of the terminal. GVs of people in the control room. GVs of hilly arid landscape along the pipeline route before vegetation has grown back. 00:09:58 IV Norman Ingram (BTC Pipeline Deputy Project Director). CA GVs of arid landscape along pipeline route. WS children playing. Ws Men on horses with herd of goats on a road. Small building under construction. WS crowded street. 00:10:52 IV Dan Bliss (Future Communities Programme Manager). CAs - GVs of children in dance class and school. Woman at sewing machine. WS of men holding hitting a water pipe with a long rod. WS men in discussion outside building under construction. GVs of people from the local community. Graphics with caption 'Georgia'. 00:12:10 Digger drives alongside pipeline. GVs of landscape around pipeline in Georgia. 00:12:30 IV Michael Townshend. WSs of pipeline on the surface before it's been hidden. 00:13:28 IV Norman Ingram. GVs of children playing basketball and in classroom. Teacher giving a lesson in class. Footage of Tsalka. 00:14:30 IV Nana Pruidze (Care Int. Project Manager). CA GVs from classroom. 00:15:57 IV Archil Chochia (Team Leader). CA GVs from classroom. Men tarmac road. 00:17:01 IV Zurab Gogishvili (Road Rehabilitation Project Manager). WSs cars driving along dusty roads. Ws car driving along mountain road. 00:17:37 IV Nodar Jeiranashvili (Bakuriani Resident). WS of tarmac being laid on road. 00:17:50 IV Laris Udalova (Bakuriani Resident). Roller flattening tarmac on road. Montage of GVs from oil terminals. Map of Georgia. Ext. and int. GVs from terminal. 00:18:36 IV Dave Calvin. CAs - HA pan over pump station. Ext. GVs of the pump station. Graphics with caption 'Turkey'. GVs of buried pipeline. 00:19:35 IV Norman Ingram. CAs - WS of mountains around pipeline area. Map of Turkey. GVs of Wild Life Protection Area. Man on snow-covered mountain looking through binoculars. Scientists making notes in woodland as part of a study of Black Grouse. 00:21:14 IV Geoff Welch (RSPB Project Coordinator). CA of scientists carrying out their studies in mountains. 00:21:35 IV Tuba Kilic (Nature Association Project Director). Black grouse in Georgia. GVs of harvest time in Georgia. Man on haystack.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None