- TITLE: BP Amoco Commercials: 1 hour Loop Tape
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1980
- SYNOPSIS: A compilation of Amoco compilations that are looped.
- BP ASSET ID: 801641
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: Digibeta_Large
- SHOTLIST: Advert 1 BP - Young Boy 'We keep you moving' 10:00:00 Young boy drawing truck on paper in back of car (Triumphant uplifting orchestral soundtrack throughout). Sees BP (Shield) Truck drive past and looks on in owe. VO by boy 'I have an idea, what if we could make a truck that turned into a petrol stationâ¦' CGI proceeds Truck turning into station. Car dropped onto road. 10:00:36 GV Ext. shot of BP Express station VO 'Dear Tomâ¦' Family walking toward entrance. Int. Shot Boy taking items off shelf, smiling. Pays, 'beep beep' from truck Ext. Boy amazed when truck turns into aircraft. POV flying off. 10:01:00 End graphic VO 'We keep you moving.' Advert 2 - Amoco 'You expect more from a leader. And you get it.' 10:01:02 Retired plump lady in pink fills car up at station. Has granddad bumping his Buick 2 door convertible. She is not impressed as she fills car with petrol (gasoline). The bouncing granddad looses his bounce but she now has an almighty bounce as they are stationary at the traffic lights. She pulls off laughing. End caption 'You expect more from a leader. And you get it.' Floating AMOCO logo floats down. Advert 3 - BP Family - 'We keep you moving.' 10:01:31 (Wind pipe music and VO) Bride kissing parent's goodbye, slow pan to husband in waiting car. 3 travellers in back of truck (aka pick up truck) with bicycles. Man running up hill, pan to Cloud cover from mountain top. Father and young (approx. 10) boy sat on bonnet of classic American car (circa 1950s) and Focus pull from mountain tip (or Amazonian monument) to young girl smiling. HA BP station slow dissolves off people purchasing items in shop. All steady cam (floating) shots. Family shots. End caption 'We keep you moving.' Advert 4 - AMOCO - 'You expect more from a leader. And you get it.' 10:02:19 Black sports car around desert. Fast cutting. BCU Petrol icon on dashboard flashing. CU side on off driver sweating and concerned. Drinks water and breathe of relief as he gulps down his first mouthful. Car speeds off exponentially. End caption 'You expect more from a leader. And you get it.' Advert 5 - BP - Young Girl (Emily) 'We keep you moving' 10:02:50 XLS Car driving along country road FG in BG Tree and brightly sunny field. Young girl in car picks up toy phone 'Dear BP, What if people could call up this huge BP Express?...' GVs off Ext. service station and Int. service station. Woman (BP station attendant) preparing a box of groceries and then box travels along conveyer belt. CGI sequence boxes travelling down wide, spanning tunnel and boxes then taken by small CGI helicopters. Camera tracks and Travels with small helicopters, camera passes through traffic (or mission) control occupied by BP service agents. Camera continues travelling with helicopter towards car with young girl in. Girl takes items from box. 10:03:33 'Dear Emilyâ¦Like youâ¦ we've also thought about flyingâ¦' (BP response to Emily VO). Sequence finishes with BP 'We keep you moving' caption and CGI logo. Fade to black. Advert 6 - AMOCO Ultimate - 'Crystal Clear' 10:03:51 Retired Pink lady at station filling car with petrol bopping to funk music. CU Pink feet tapping to music. CU toy figers in back seat nodding. End caption 'Crystal Clear Amoco Ultimate'. Ends with Granny giving evils (dirty look) to toy figers nodding. 10:04:06 Tape goes into loop - repeating above six adverts until tape ends.