- TITLE: BP Australia Commercials
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1995
- SYNOPSIS: Ten commercials for BP Australia: 'The Quiet Achiever' tagline.
- BP ASSET ID: 801165
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: Digibeta_Small
- SHOTLIST: 10:00:00 BP shield logo with the word Australia beneath 1. 10:00:15 (45 secs ) CU of air bubbling through water in a chemistry experiment: we zoom in on the bubbles and zoom out again to reveal what is now subsea - camera moves above the water to LS of a platform - V/O explains that BP are seeking a new source of natural gas in North-west Australia. CU of a diver and tagline: 'BP - The Quiet Achiever' 2. 10:00:59 Hazy sunshine and a flag flying, cut to two country bumpkins who are amazed to see a BP solar vehicle drive past, V/O explains BP's to solar energy. CU of man's face and tagline: 'BP - The Quiet Achiever' 3. Fields with kangaroos hopping round then - V/O explains how BP are helping to reduce coal pollution by transporting coal by pipeline. GVs of farm/ranch whilst V/O explains how BP has developed protection from disease amongst cattle by developing an anti-bloat oil. Finally Victoria, and various smiling workers and GVs of construction. 4. Zoom in on house, tracking shot into its interior, V/O reveals that it was William Knox D'Arcy's house. Cuts to modern aerial of truck, happy workers, and chemistry lab to reveal how far BP has come. 'BP Australia - The Quiet Achiever'. 5. Aerial of busy pedestrians, and then stills montage of famous Australians - then cuts to modern footage of 'ordinary' Australians going about a variety of jobs, including BP ones. 'BP Australia - The quiet Achiever' 6. LS of big wave breaking, surfers, and surf life-savers. V/O explains that BP sponsors the surf life-saving organisation of Australia. 7. Antiquated-looking paintings of mining accompanied by jaunty music and a poem - cuts to modern coal mining GVs with a V/O explaining the importance of coal. 'BP Australia - The Quiet Achiever'. 8. CU of a light bulb in the dark which suddenly lights up - V/O explains coal's importance for energy, and the light bulb turns into the light on a miner's hat. 'BP Australia - The Quiet Achiever'. 9. Starlit sky, lights up to reveal a solar panelled beacon at a port - V/O explains that BP provides them - beacon blinks to become a household light and a man walks into his house. 'BP Australia - The Quiet Achiever'. 10. Slow-motion montage of a swimmer, musician, doctor and tennis player - V/O explains that BP sponsors and supports achievers in the community.