- Release Date: 1st January 1955
- Asset ID: 801339
- Synopsis: Kuwait Oil Company film copied by B.F.I.
- Shotlist: This film has all the older shots in focus on Kuwait and oil in Kuwait but not the first oil ceremony. VO B&W 1950s (made in 1950's but uses older footage from other 2 films from 1940s). Aerials Kuwait, port, BOAC plane lands in sandy runway. Aerials of town built for oil company Ahmadi. Kuwait city; law courts; bazaar; pearls being sold. 12:05:16 Kuwaiti flag flying. 12:05:26 His Highness - Ahmadi 1 al-Jaber al-Sabah (highness from 1921-1950) men with falcons 12:06:14 City wall shots with Bedouins with their falcons 12:07:00 aerials of port. 12:08:13 Street scenes, camels and mules in the streets. 12:08:35 Aerials of Ahmadi town in the desert. lots of GVs life in Ahmadi, kids in school, rows of houses, shopping centre, Int. shop/families eating on the verandas. Kuwait ship building. Marriage in Ahmadi. football, golf, sailing. Kuwait city - herdsmen lead goats into city from the desert at end of day. bazaar shots at 12:15:30. 12:15:45 Street shots with goats and other street gvs. 12:16:51 tracking shot desert. At Bergen test well number one 1938 they struck oil - shots of well, rig, drilling digging trenches etc. spring rain comes, happy Bedouins dancing in the rain. sand storms. Oil in trench white man shoots at it with revolver - it catches fire. Bedouins in tent by the rig (old and new shot). Bedouins chat together on their camels. Ext Kuwait city GVs. director of public security shots of 12:59:07 His Highness with his son. 13.03.29 Dasman palace his Highness. Entrance to the palace highness with family. 13:05:25 and 13:05:44 good shots of his highness talking. 13.06.31 His Highness.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Large
- Alternative Language Notes: None