- TITLE: Wind On The Heath
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1965
- SYNOPSIS: A film in the 'Our National Heritage' series. This narrated programme focuses on the national parks of England and Wales, including the Snowdonia railway.
- BP ASSET ID: 801164
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Film Producers Guild
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 10:00:00 Opening titles and credits. 10:00:44 HA continuous pan L over terraced housing - possibly Everton? Fades 10:01:23 Graphic of map of the United Kingdom, and the locations and names of ten National Parks. Zooms in. 10:02:07 Fade into map of the Lake District moving south to Lake Windemere, Fade into WS of Windemere, lakeside GVs. WS of village, single car passing through. 10:02:49 Back of motorboat in lake, churning wake. Front of motorboat, including hand on steering wheel and horizon. Cut between front and rear of boat passing other boats. 10:03:18 Panorama of snowy mountains, rainbow in landscape. Tree with orange leaves, downhill towards river with birches with yellow leaves. Solitary walker against the fells, trees losing their leaves in front of old fence. 10:04:04 Pan R across snowy peaks to group of skiers and small chalet. Downhill skiing, man falls over. Cross country skiing. 10:04:51 Flowering tree GVs, signpost for Brecon. Brecon Beacon park landscape GVs. River and river banks, through an old stone bridge to canal beyond. Farmhouse, farmer with horse while horses and sheep are driven past. 10:05:31 Border collie in action, sheep GVs, sheep crossing a low bridge while farmer on horseback attends. 10:06:05 Field of grain, HA tractor driving along winding road with landscape beyond as cloud shadows move overhead. Mam Tor in Peak District, national park marker. Walkers crossing narrow bridge, Pan R through the trees to path, sheep by path in open field, man pitches shoot notice, MS sign. 10:07:00 HA following a rocky river bed up the moor, gun shots in audio. Peveril Castle, castle GVs, HA town of Castleton. Pan L over castle walls. Pan R over hills and forest to River Derwent with Bridgefoot cottage alongside. 10:07:58 Splash in the river, LA children looking over the bridge throwing stones. Dove River GVs, walkers approach, boy crosses bridge of stones. River bank, CUs different flowers, water reed, tree leaves. Four ducks move R with river, hop over rocks, get carried by current. 10:09:04 Trees in silhouette against river bank as camera moves along River Manifold. Rocky dry river bed, bridge over dry river, then river in full flow at Ilam. 10:09:45 Men and boy in cave exploration gear, hand held going into the caves. Yorkshire Dales national park sign, HA wooded entrance to cave, entering cave, from within cave as 2 people enter Ingleborough. Ingleborough in the distance, HA Ingleton waterfall (near Ribblesdale) with two walkers, approaching waterfall from overhang. Waterfall CU. 10:10:39 Pecca Falls from above, WS. Waterfall GVs, CUs of rocks and flowing river. Smaller waterfalls, waterfall GVs. 10:11:28 LA Malham Cove pan down. Source of the river Aire CU, (not actually the source, but identified as such in VO), WS group of walkers climbing around the river bed. Pan L over panorama of stone walls on dales to Malham in distance, 10:12:01 Rocky lake shore, CU Gordale Scar ravine rock, trav along rock, trees grow amidst rock, 10:12:17 Sheep from the top of a hill looking towards far horizon. North York Moors National Park, man boy and dog walking along moor ridge, HA few houses at bottom of hill. Cars drive into distance, pan R following road through heather. 10:12:57 Stone wall and sign marked 'England', CU Northumberland National Park plaque. Thin beech trees against hills, Yetholm area. CU small waterfall through trees. Small farm at base of steep hill, clouds moving over land, WS of landscape with curve of road. Hadrian's Wall winds away towards faint rainbow. Small fort ruin near the wall, more wall GVs. Wall and ruined fort then pan L to follow wall. More wall and fort GVs. 10:14:13 Pembrokeshire National Park sign, rocky beach under blue sky and clouds. Preselis mountains in the distance. MS Carreg Samson from different angles, pan R across bay to mountains. 10:14:47 Dartmoor National Park sign, grassy hills. Pan L to R across flat hills to Grimspound, features of Grimspound. MS original gateway, MS Spinster's Rock, pan up Bennett's Cross. LS pan to R from cross across windy moor. 10:15:53 Group on horseback in front of stone house walking along. WS man fishing in middle of stream, New Bridge at Spitchwick with horses in silhouette crossing, LS man fishing who waves, back to horses over New Bridge. 10:16:23 Waterfall GVs, Postbridge clapper bridge from the side, from the opposite side. Body of water (Wimbleball Lake?)framed by pine trees. Exmoor National Park sign, Allerford village with two women crossing ancient bridge, river with Tarr steps in distance, closer look at steps. 10:17:10 LA up at trees along high hill in sunlight, clouds pass. Badgeworthy water cutting through the grassy hills, Lyn river flowing over rocks. WS Oare church. From a seaside cliff looking over coast, rock in the sea, Green Bridge of Wales aka Stack Rock. Bosherston lily ponds, another angle. Couple pushing out rowboat into lilies. 10:18:16 MS woman as boat turns, MS man rowing. Woman reclines, holding lily, hand over side of boat, pan R to oar. Wide sandy beach with tiny bathers, children playing around large rocks, seated families. Children frolic. Small crowded harbour at Milford Haven with four small sailboats, rowboats in foreground. Group of small sailboats shoving out, MS blue boat on the water. People watching, man with binoculars. Pan along several boats on the water. CU binoculars man, back to boats. 10:19:19 From a larger boat looking over the prow with people. Skokholm Island, from a boat, very up and down. Sailboat prow with woman pointed at the island, back to the up and down. Looking back over the boat from the prow, Skomer Island, wake of boat. Shaky footage of sea birds on Skomer. 10:20:07 LA fisherman handling a line, bearded fisherman in small shorts handles line. Happy dog. Fishermen hauling line in over side of boat, landing fish. Shirtless man sketches, over the shoulder of sketch. Takes off sunglasses. WS entrance to Milford Haven, Carew castle, different angle. LA ivy covered castle tower. Int. castle GVs. 10:21:11 Looking towards Whitesands Bay from the opposite coast, WS St David's Cathedral, LA west end of cathedral, int. Bishop's Palace. Palace from the tower of the cathedral, int palace GVs. Pan R over coast to Harlech Castle. 10:22:03 Snowdonia National Park sign, from Llanberis Pass towards Llyn Peris, Snowdon GVs. Family in two yellow tents, children run into the river, splash each other. Group of walkers heading up an old pony track, clouds pass over the sun through a valley, lake with mountain ridge behind, pan R across rocky hill scree. 10:23:07 Walkers and dogs head up rocky path, pan up the side of the Devil's Kitchen to the top. Walkers cross small stone bridge, head up rocky pony path of Snowdon. Steam locomotive crossing landscape in distance, train reversing into station from platform. 10:23:57 Train emerging from corner heading up Snowdon. Train int, ext. pistons, scenery from train. Int. photographer, Snowdon from the train, POV train towards engine. Pair of climbers, from the side. Train pistons, looking back from train, side of train passing, very steep rift from train. Int train, little girl, climbers GVs. 10:25:19 Small lake at the base of Snowdon (Llyn Dur Arddu?), int. train little girl, more Snowdon in passing. Climbers, very sheer rock face with climber, climber up and over ridge, looks over. 10:26:07 View from top of Snowdon. 360 degree pan from top of Snowdon. 10:26:55 Fade to black, end credits. 10:27:10 Ends.