- TITLE: Power from the Sun (BP Solar Australia)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1999
- SYNOPSIS: In the Phillipines a joint venture between Australian, Filipino governments and BP has been started to give energy to the remote villages and islands using solar energy.
- BP ASSET ID: 801960
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Music, Artiste
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: In the Philippines a joint venture between Australian, Filipino governments and BP has been started to provide energy to the remote villages and islands using solar energy. Montage of villages and villagers, shots of people setting up the solar cells; Manila with its bad pollution problems. Map of the two main islands where the project is being run, Samar and Mindanao. Victory island was the first two have solar installed - stock shots of victory island and the community making boats and fishing for sharks; interview of health worker on how the solar is helping them (solar fridge, solar lighting and council meetings at night. Solar school has the children of Victory island being taught at night; engineers install solar panels in a very rural community (shots of BP solar panels being moved on a water buffalo); shots of rural Philippines; installation of solar in a village up a river (lots of river shots); San Antonio (Philippines) island - using solar to create a water supply and sanitation system. (sequence of a water tower being constructed, and solar panels being put on top.