- TITLE: Visit To The Near East (1931-33)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1931
- SYNOPSIS: Compilation of silent film broken down into sections showing BP visits by Sir John Cadman and William Fraser to Middle East.
- BP ASSET ID: 802027
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: B&W
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: Digibeta_Small
- SHOTLIST: Section 1 On his return leg, Cadman sailed on an American ship the Excambion from Beirut to Alexandria and from there to Naples. Caption ‘Sir John Cadman’s departure from Baghdad. Taking leave of Sir Francis Humprhys. (High Commissioner). Among those present were: Nuri Pasha as Said (Prime Minister of Iraq), Tahsin Beg, Rustam Beg Haida (Iraqi Minister of Finance), Jamal Beg Baban (Iraqi Minister of Justice), Raouf Beg Chadrichi (French Charge D’Affaires).’ Sir John Cadman near an Imperial Airways aircraft. ‘Sir John Cadman in conversation with the Prime Minister of Iraq Nuri Pasha (sp?).’ Cadman boards plane. ‘South Persia. Tractor trials on the Ahwaz-Haft Kel Desert route, shewing (sp?) desert conditions one week after rain.’ Various shots of small and large tractors with caterpillar tracks moving. Buick car and small tractor out of mud. The vehicles seen are listed in intertitles as Carden and Loyd light tractor, Scammell Rigid Six-Wheeler, 30 H.P. Caterpillar Tractor. In desert area Arab men and children doing a hopping kind of dance with one arm raised in the air. ‘Kuh-I-Mund Area. Lavar, the landing place for Kuh-I-Mund.’ Travelling shot from boat coming towards small harbour with mountains in background. Kuh-I-Mund with tents, mountains. Nissan-type huts with men standing outside. Kuh-I-Mund test well from cellar to top of derrick; dark shots under platform, tilt up. ‘Turkey. Glimpses of the Taurus Mountains from the railway between Aleppo and Hyder pasha.’ The End. 10:08:26. Caption: ‘Naft Khaneh Well T 20’. Rig - men at work, safety cage demonstration. Alwand Refinery: new pipe-still unit. ‘Baghdad – The “Hanno” Landing at the Aerodrome’ plane landing. Mr. T. L. Jacks, Colonel Tainsh, Messrs Hartley, Jacks, Jones and Mrs Dunkley. Raouf Beg Chadrichi, Mr. Gass. Imperial Airways plane refuelling at Galilee. ‘Tiberias, Sea of Galilee’, cobbled street scenes, view of sea in background. ‘The End’.