Moss On Monte
Moss On Monte
- Release Date: 1st January 1967
- Asset ID: 802032
- Synopsis: Stirling Moss takes us through the Monte Carlo rally, with excellent footage. Moss interviews drivers and navigators and drives a bit himself.
- Shotlist: 10:00:00 Opening sequence Action title, very 1960s, over stills and clippings montage of Stirling Moss. 10:00:43 Rally cars coming around a corner, title card over mountain road. 10:01:09 Rally car speeds towards camera along road with snow at the side, pulls over, Moss gets out, addresses camera. Rally sequence, car pass as he speaks to camera about weather. 10:01:48 MS Moss to camera, int. rally car driver and navigator. CA to car on snowy road at night. 10:02:25 Back of car looking forward as it drives. Moss narrates the premise of rally racing, CA to map. Car screeches to a halt at a checkpoint, time stamped and back away. Repeated for next car from different angles. 10:03:28 Int. car looking through windscreen at village streets. Moss leans back, addresses camera, explains the passenger's duties and supplies. Including speed pilot, careening around the small roads. 10:04:39 Moss to camera, crowd and vehicles behind, about end of section and maintenance. Car arrives, lots of hustle, changing tires and engine inspection, talking. Different cars - Daff (?), Citroen, Lancia, Porsche, Saab and Volvo, Ford Mustang, Datsun, Mini Cooper. 10:06:51 Moss chats to Rauno Aaltonen about driving on snow and ice. Henry Liddon talks about nerves and his heart rate. 10:07:46 Paddy Hopkirk drives up, talks about driving, and digging through snow, food. 10:08:35 Rosemary Smith talks about the scenery and the drops (off the side). 10:09:05 Moss in the drivers seat of a Lancia Flavia, talks over his right shoulder while driving about the car and driving it. Car drives along. 10:10:20 Moss talks about snow studs in tires, while leaning against the boot of the vehicle, and how they affect driving on ice. Car comes screeching along, turns. Cars racing. 10:11:19 Blue car comes up, turns and fishtails slightly. Other cars slide around while moving. Changing a tire in the middle of the race. Red car slides a lot. 10:12:21 Out of the ice, on a paved road. Dusk and driving at night, headlights moving around at night, extra lights. Crossing the Col de Turini at night, with crowds. Moss to camera. 10:13:31 Arriving small checkpoint at night, crowded under street lights. Changing tires and re-fueling by flashlight. BP Shield branding. Coffee flasks. 10:14:28 Mini Cooper has break trouble, Timo MÃ¤kinen driving. Replacement of break assembly. Another car bent its front suspension. 10:15:26 POV behind driver at night speeding along. Two sets of headlights, overtaking, more night driving. 10:16:17 Arriving in a village at night, checking the tires in the boot. Driver smokes. Drives off. 10:16:53 Moss iv with driver, Vic Elford for Porsche, Hopkirk again. Car drives off. Very brief BP Shield. 10:18:32 Liddon talks about his heart rate again, car pulls up, is checked while Moss interviews Stuart Turner from Mini about what makes a driver. Mini drives off. 10:20:24 Marie Claude ('Beaumont' Charmasson?) talks about why she rallys. Great POV driver sliding on snowy roads at high speed. CA through the windscreen, headlights flash past in the dark. 10:21:14 Moss to camera, CU time stamp, driving off. Elford talks about spinning, Aaltonen in a fur hat talks about the charming weather. Tries to talk to Hopkirk, who drives off. 10:22:55 Good WS of village on a mountain as car takes turn. More cars on different turns, another village, general driving. Moss concludes to camera about the importance of rallying. Drives away.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: Digibeta_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None