A Bee For The Sea
A Bee For The Sea
- Release Date: 1st September 1989
- Asset ID: 802253
- Synopsis: The construction and launch of Seillean,the oil production vessel, built in 1989 to counter the problem of producing oil efficiently in the North Sea oil fields. The film follows the ship from the construction yard to her first trip to the north sea and her return to port with the oil.
- Shotlist: 10:00:00 START BP Shield logo. Caption 'A bee for the sea'. September 1989 Belfast - crowds of people arrive at the launch of the oil production vessel Seillean. Bees (English translation of Seillean) on flowers. Seillean at sea. WS of oil platform. Graphic of oil field. GVs from oil platform. CU of well-head. Graphic of well-heads under water and ship. 10:03:01 The ship under construction. 10:03:57 Plant and hull being carried by crane. 10:04:21 Cutting into a steel block in Leeds to make the riser connector. CU of grooves. Aerial shots of Seillean with views of large hole in its hull. Pieces of Seillean being fitted together. 10:06:15 HA view man walking inside ship. Seillean in dock. CU of stern thrusters to steer and propel. Men fitting pipes inside Seillean. 10:07:54 HA of Seillean, camera pans out to WS. WS Seillean sailing under bridge. Lorry on road carrying well-head. Graphic of Cyrus in the North Sea. 10:09:43 Drilling rig Sea Explorer. Well-head being carried and then let down into sea. Underwater shot of well-head with fish swimming around. Control room. 10:11:00 Seillean on the sea from land with runners with dogs in FG. WS of Seillean sailing for Cyrus. Shots of operating system. Well-head being lowered into water. Underwater shots. Preparation of the riser and being lowered into water with CAs to control centre. Riser locks on to well-head. 10:13:19 Flames billowing out signalling start of oil production. Int. shots of process plant. GVs of control centre and Seillean. Riser tensioners (ropes) compensating for rise and fall of vessel. 10:16:36 Seillean taking load from carrier by crane. People getting out of helicopter. Men eating in canteen. People watching film in screening room. 10:17:14 Underwater shots of well-heads. Man on bridge looking at monitor to make sure everything is okay. The ship's Master sitting at his desk, handed a piece of paper. 10:17:57 Men using hosepipes. Safety drill rehearsal - man in lifeboat being lowered into water. HA WS of Seillean. Fire burning suddenly goes out when well is shut down. Underwater shots. 10:18:49 CU of Seillean heading for port with collected oil. Shot from inside cabin. CU of front of Seillean. LA WS of Seillean. Credits. BP Shield logo. Caption 'BP Exploration'. 10:19:47 END.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None