- Release Date: 1st January 1955
- Asset ID: 802039
- Synopsis: A film shot from the then under construction Barbican tower moving around 360 degrees and highlighting the buildings and architecture that are visible from the tower. These include Britannic Tower & St Paul's.
- Shotlist: START 10:00:00 Aerial view of London from Barbican Tower. Camera pans R and down to Finsbury Circus. 100:34 CU of BP flag in Finsbury Circus. Camera pans up to WS of city with North Downs on Kent in distance. 10:00:52 CU of city with Tower of London in centre. Camera pans out to view of Tower Bridge. 10:01:10 Camera pans R to the monument. WS GVs of London destroyed by Great Fire of London in 1666. London Bridge on R of screen. 10:01:44 View of Bank of England. Camera pans across Cannon St and Southward Bridge and them to Guildhall. Camera pans in to spire of St Lawrence Jury. 10:02:56 Shot of spire of St. Mary Le Bow. Camera pans to tower of St Mary Aldermary. 10:03:25 Camera pans R to St Paul's Cathedral. 10:03:54 Wedding steeple of St Brides. 10:04:02 Shot of the large dome of the Old Bailey. Camera pans down to foundation walls or Roman London. Camera pans to St Giles Cripplegate Church. Cuts to CU and pans up to tower. 10:05:04 Camera pans from St Bartholomew's Hospital to the roofs of Smithfields Meat Market. Camera pans in to GPO Tower. Cuts to CU. 10:05:19 Camera pans R over city to Hampstead Heath and Highgate Hill. 10:06:06 Shot of Whitbread's Brewery. 10:06:15 Camera pans R across Hackney Marshes, Epping Forest and Dagenham with view of Liverpool St station. Camera pans until it arrives back at Finsbury Circus. 10:06:34 END.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: Digibeta_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None