New Explorers (1955)
New Explorers (1955)
- Release Date: 1st January 1955
- Asset ID: 802338
- Synopsis: This Eastmancolour film shows some aspects of the life and work of those who seek oil for tomorrow's needs. A BP Film. The film consists of a number of episodes and dramatic reconstructions set in the Arabian Gulf, Canada, Zanzibar, Papua, Trinidad and Sicily. In each location a different aspect of the story of the search for oil unfolds.
- Shotlist: 01:00 - Western man arrives at desert building and greeted by locals and has talks with Sheik, shakes hands and drives off 03:35 - Jeep drives past camel caravan 03:55 - Horses being ridden by geologists through icy rivers and through woods 05:40 - Geologists take notes and make measurements, assessing rocks, then mild landslide 07:20 - Eggs and bacon being cooked in open 07:40 - Tribal singing in Zanzibar, and town and people gvs (fade of quality at bottom of picture) 09:15 - Land rover driving around in jungle 12:00 - Charge is detonated from van and explosion 13:10 - Gvs of boats and locals in Papua, and a large group of local men listening to Westerner 14:35 - Houses on stilts near to beach in shallow water 15:20 - locals being asked questions and being measured 15:55 - Jungle gvs 16:50 - Man killing leech's with cigarette, gvs of sailing down the river, insects in jungle and tropical 20:30 - Helicopter comes to jungle and aerial views of helicopter over jungle 26:35 - Greek temple in Sicily 27:40 - Local workers drive off in a pick-up truck, help a man with his cart 29:16 - Oil-well derrick shot from top to bottom, and men in pick-up arrive and get to work, with drill-bit and drilling gvs 31:50 - End Abu Dhabi - Persian gulf man asks local sheiks if he can search for oil they drink coffee together and discuss - desert with the truck driving through CANADA North - men on horseback ride through icy rivers English and Canadian geologist on horseback they pitch camp. Geologist measures rocky snowy hill and hammers into rock/dangerous land slide/tent up in the wilds ZANZIBAR Native playing music/great faces/palm trees/plane lands/Zanzibar old town men come to look for oil. Natives drill holes for shot big explosion PAPUA NEW GUINES north of Oz.
- Production Company: World Wide Pictures
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None