- TITLE: Empty Seas, The (1968)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1968
- SYNOPSIS: (Black and white) Camaret is a village on the coast of Brittany. Its life is centred on lobster fishing and boat building. But lobster fishing is a dying industry - every year the boat-yards are quieter; the catches become smaller and the voyages of the lobster boats longer and longer. The 'Rubis' is one such vessel. Her men spend half their lives in search of lobsters; a search which takes them to the coast of Mauretania, twelve days and 3,000 kilometres from Camaret. There they cast their pots - and more and more often they come up empty - and 'it's the empty pots that are the heaviest'. 'The Empty Seas' shows the continued, and often unrewarded, toil of those men who set sail in the 'Rubis'.
- BP ASSET ID: 802381
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: Lots of arty shots of life at sea, nets, dogs, men working, life on board, men on shore in pub, catching lobsters. Even get a POV lobster.