- Release Date: 1st January 1968
- Asset ID: 802379
- Synopsis: BBC2 Trade Test Film To the scientists seeking wider knowledge of the ways and uses of oil, the microscope reveals an unusual world of beauty. this theme is illustrated by micro photographed images, assembled to a Malcolm Arnold suite to form a seven minute abstract 'divertimento' of evolving shapes, sounds and colours. Film is also known as "Oil Under The Microscope"
- Shotlist: 00:03:03 Caption 'To those seeking wider knowledge of the ways and uses of oil the microscope reveals a world of beauty' venation blind dissolve 'DIVERTIMENTO a BP film'. 00:03:32 Animation off XCU Abstract microscopic colourful images. Mould growing. Worms could be Tape Worm. 00:09:57 End credits 'made at THE BP RESEARCH CENTRE Sunbury - on - Thames by SEAFIELD HEAD DAVID CONS WILLIAM POLLARD WILLIAM MEGARRY music MALCOLM ARNOLD' A VERITY FILM made in association with THE FILM PRODUCERS GUILD' 'BP' END OF TAPE.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None