European Grand Prix (1964)
European Grand Prix (1964)
- Release Date: 1st January 1964
- Asset ID: 802373
- Synopsis: Same as 801090 and 801091 A film documenting the European Grand Prix at Brands Hatch The footage includes a look at the revamped circuit with grandstands, shops and bars and restaurants also shots in paddock working on cars. The film also contains information about the design of Formula One racing cars in particular the BRM team's car with Graham Hill and Tony Rudd talking about gear ratios. There is also footage of the practice laps before the race and of marching bands a mini race and an old army vehicle parade. Drivers in the race include Jim Clark, Jack Brabham and Dan Gurney (both Brabham team), Jim Clark (Lotus), Phil Hill and Bruce McLaren (both Cooper Works)and John Surtees (Ferrari). there is lots of race footage and commentary. Jim Clark wins the European Grand Prix.
- Shotlist: 10:00:00 Blue frame Caption 'SHELL-MEX and BP . presents' 'EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX 1964' 'a RANDOM PRODUCTION'. 10:00:33 GVs Brandshatch British Grand Prix on sunny day. 10:01:42 Int. GVs garage F1 engine BRR or BRM V8 being attended to. 10:03:09 GVs Trevor Taylor on practice run. 10:03:48 GVs Graham Hill and Tony Rudd in paddock. 10:04:20 Graham Hill Int. discussing map of track. CA POV LA car around track. 10:06:24 GVs drivers in paddock. John Cooper, Phil Hill, Bruce McLaren. 10:06:30 Interview with Bruce McLaren. About driving skills being affected by higher spec cars. 10:07:38 Ext. XLS Brandshatch. GVs cars conducting fastest lap. Dan Guerney LA in car near table of champagne. Bruce McLaren, John Searty in Ferrari. 10:08:43 Ext. Interview John Searty Previous season. GVs John Searty in Ferrari continues. 10:10:45 GV Brandshatch car park being filled. Grandstand being filled with people. 10:11:14 LS Union Jack being raised with Royal Artillery Trumpeters. 10:11:25 GVs of Mighty Mini Dice race. 10:11:32 XLS Aerial Helicopter GV of Brandshatch. 10:11:53 Helicopter landing. Earl Mountbatten of Burma Gets out. Wilfred Andrews. 10:12:05 GVs Mechanics checking cars in paddock. Innes Ireland sat in car. Trevor Taylor drives up. Dan Gurness in car. 10:13:36 GVs army vehicles around track. Stalwart on race track. 10:14:04 GV crowd. Picnics in car park. 10:14:17 XLS 6 army men fire rocket. GVs cars on start line. 10:14:32 GVs warm up lap. Phil Kerr MS. John Serteys gets into Ferrari preparing for race proper. 10:15:20 MS Jim Clark on grid. 10:15:55 XLS Aerial cars roll up to starting grid. Race commences. Commentary included. 10:20:48 Dan Gurney in pits. Car on fire. 10:27:55 HA MS Sterling Moss in suit in pits. 10:28:10 MS John Cooper watching and timing race. 10:30:29 End of 1964 European grand prix Jim Clark winner. 10:31:17 Cars exit course. GVs public cars entering onto race track. 10:31:44 XLS Aerial Chris Barber playing on control tower. END OF TAPE.
- Production Company: A Random Production
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None