- TITLE: Motorcycle Sport (1956)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1956
- SYNOPSIS: Three motorcycle races from 1956. Locations were Scarborough, Wales and Hawkstone park (Scotland).
- BP ASSET ID: 802371
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: A Random Production
- COLOUR: B&W
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: Sequence 1 10:00:00 'MOTOR CYCLE SPORT 1966' dissolve 'THE SCARBOROUGH SENOR OLIVER'S MOUNT SEPT. 1956' 10:00:25 XLS Scarborough VO (like Mr Chumney Warner) commences. LS Oliver's Mount, XLS Bikes at start, very large field. GVs Cars parked, Bikes coming towards camera. VO 'Jeff Duke' or 'G E Duke, Gilara-Sears-Allstate', CU Notice board with '7 GA CATLIN, 10 A.KING, 18 TS SHEPHERD, 8 H. PLEWS, 11 PA DAVEY, 20 F PURSLOW, 9 R ANDERSON, 16 D WALKER, 23 ST BARNETT'. 10:00:52 LS to MS Line of bikers coming toward camera slowly ready for race. VO 'McIntyre on a Norton, Duke on the Gilara, Anderson on Norton (CU Smiling). District Motor Club'. 10:01:10 GVs bikers pushing bikes up onto the start line MS. 10:01:17 VO Just for a change a woman is going to start the race.' LS Woman could be Inga Stold with flag. 10:01:27 LS race start. GVs off race with VO commentating 'Bob McIntyre', 'Oliver's Mount, Gilara, Saw, Shepard or Sheppard, Jeff, Salt'. 10:04:32 Finish off race. Bikes around corner and are running at slow speed. 10:05:11 Jeff Duke comes in in first 1st place. 10:05:22 1st and 2nd Jeff Duke and Bob McIntyre swap bikes and receive winners' reef which are given to the wrong person. Mayor (could be off Scarborough) and are both laughing. Sequence 2 10:05:35 Caption 'THE WELSH THREE DAY TRIAL LLANDINDROD WELLS MAY 1956'. 10:05:44 XLS Welsh country road 2 seated motor bike whizzes around bottom off hill. Dissolve to people congregating in large car park area, GVs engineers checking motor bikes. 10:06:12 MS 2S Man gets ticket from woman and enters large garage and walks to line of bikes takes bike and walks off. GVs continue off checking bikes, putting front and rear end tyres on. 10:06:35 CU George Fisher, Jeff Smith, Johnny Briton, Fixing bike wheel. Bob Mans, Reg Venaballs and Mr. Sutton, H P Bourne. 10:07:08 Start of race. GVs off race or trial proceed. 10:07:21 Int. Garage. David Tyke collects bike. 10:07:34 XLS Welsh country side Sunny, dry day, with bikes along country road. VO 'Ted Archer, Jackson T52SS, Briton, Cheshire 252SSA, Mans, David Ty or Tie. 10:08:31 MS Man (official) holds up sign 'TAPPET COVER'. 4 Stroke driver comes in to remove taper cover. LS. 10:08:44 Man holds up sign 'DRAIN PLUG'. CU Man under bike fixing it. MS officials ticking off on paper. Bikes rev off. GVs off bikes around Country side continue. 10:09:03 LS Bike through welsh farm yard, MLS Villagers in their doorways looking on in bemusement. 10:09:12 MS George Fisher off bike villagers looking at bike. 10:09:23 MS Bike, by group of officials who are conducting a Time Check. 10:09:27 LS Bikes wheeled into garage. CUT group off bikers sat on grass relaxing and eating. 10:09:56 MS Group of school children. GVs Bikes through residential Welsh Village streets. 10: 10:19 MS Group by car at 'Shon Cattis' and dogs sat down. Johnny Briton drinks tea. 10:10:53 LS Pan R to L HA car load off people. CUT GVs bikes around track. 10:11:19 'Claerwm' sign. 10:11:38 MS Holmes on bike gets ticket. 10:11:55 GVs Bikes around Welsh tracks and roads in wet conditions. 10:11:59 MS Man holds up sign 'TANK'. GV bikes around track. Bikers taking tanks off bikes. 10:13:21 MS Man holds up 'SILENCER' Sign. 10:13:24 3rd day off race. CU Man fixing bike. Bryan Martin in MS smiling. GV bikers taking silencers off bikes. 10:13:48 XLS Pan R to L Welsh Country Side. 10:14:10 CUs Terry Cheshire, Hunten, Thatched Briton or Britain, Johnny Briton or Britain, Phil Nicks, Johnny Giles, Peter Baldwin, jack Wickan, Peter Sturlan, Ted Usher, George Fisher, Jeff Smith, Bob Mann. 10:14:52 Dissolve graphic Union Jack with 'British Team' top and 'I.S.D.T - 1956' at the bottom. Fade to black. Sequence 3 10:15:00 'INTERNATIONAL MOTO - CROSS GRAND PRIX HAWKSTONE PARK JULY, 1956' white caption on black. VO Sunday 7th July. 10:15:10 XLS Hawkstone Park on race day. GVs people entering location, entering turnstiles. 10:15:38 LS Bikers walking L to R. Swedish bikers walk past and line up, France, Holland, British, VO 'Jeff Ward, Johnny Draper. 10:16:23 XLS Aerial shot bikes lining up onto the start line. HH Pan L to R and R to L MS Bikes and bikers on grid. False start. 10:16:45 GVs off race start Included Very HA. VO 'Ron Bar, Jeff Ward, Archer, Jeff Smith, Churches, August, Ron Barnes'. 10:19:42 GVs crew (BSA) repairing bikes, bike parts on ground. Draper bike gets fixed. 10:20:12 LS Bikes take off Pan R to L. GVs bikes on start grid and commencement of race. 10:21:01 VO John Avery, Archer, Butts, Danson, Avery. 10:21:24 LS Avery out of race. 10:21:30 Les Archer, Ron Butts. 10:22:00 Ron Archer, followed by The Belgians. Nick Jensen, Ron Bouts or Butts. 10:22:33 Draper in third. 10:24:15 Les Archer racing. 10:24:34 Les Archer receives winners reef. 10:24:43 End credits black frame, 'A RANDOM PRODUCTION' 'RECORDED ON RCR AT A.B. PATHE, A SHELL - MEX AND B.P. FILM'. 10:24:49 END OF TAPE.