- TITLE: Enhanced Oil Recovery (1980)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1980
- SYNOPSIS: New methods are being explored to recover more oil from proven fields. This programme examines the problems and explains various recovery methods. It also explains the first stages of a project to increase recovery by injecting carbon dioxide into oil reservoirs.
- BP ASSET ID: 802296
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 10:00:00 Drilling for oil. Graphics of how oil is recovered from a reservoir. GVs of samples of rock with oil. GVs of liquid CO2 being delivered to BP site and pumped into well. CO2, oil, water and hydro carbon gases are metered. GVs well being pumped. GVs of nodding donkey operating pump. Pipe walls being examined electronically to test for efficiency. Possible corroded pipes are picked out for detailed examination. Three men in discussion. GVs of wells. 10:10:10 END.