- TITLE: Antarctic Crossing (1958)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1958
- SYNOPSIS: Film covering the first Antarctic Crossing, via the South Pole in February 1958, led by Sir Vivian Fuchs.
- BP ASSET ID: 800825
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: World Wide Pictures
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Large
- SHOTLIST: 11:05:44 Expedition packing up tents to carry on with next part of journey. Credits. Canadian sealer Theron carving her way through pack ice on Christmas Day 1955. November 1956 ship Magga Dan sets sail from London to Antarctic, exhibition led by Sir Vivian Fuchs. Expedition training in New Zealand. Early silent film footage of Scott's final expedition to South Pole and Shackleton. 11:18:38 Magga Dan arrives at Antarctic. Hillary's ship already in the Antarctic. Building of base camp and living there. 11:30:28 Hillary's support party sets out. Fuch's team set out. Digging around vehicle stuck in snow. Checking thickness of icecap. 11:45:16 Expedition plane arrives at Scott base. Fuch's team arrive at South Pole. Team carry on to other side of continent. 11:51:12 END.