- TITLE: Pipeline December 1983
- RELEASE DATE: 01/12/1983
- SYNOPSIS: Brian Redhead presents Pipeline, all the latest BP news.
- BP ASSET ID: 802586
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 03:26:03 START BP Shield logo, caption 'Television December 1983'. Brian Redhead Presents. 03:27:11 Shots from a ceremony to celebrate the launch of Magnus. CUs of chains, coats of arms. MS Chairman, Peter Walters welcomes guests. People applaud. 03:28:21 MCU Redhead. MS Walters giving speech. Graphic of South East Forties with Redhead pointing. 03:29:34 WS Forties platform with production graphics. 03:30:19 BP shield log on gold disc, caption 'results'. Two disc shows profits. 03:31:09 CU of valve, graphics appear. CU of lubricating oils, graphics. CU of hand turning down thermostat. Bottles falling off production line, captions. CU BP tank driving past. MS Redhead presenting. Still of boardroom with names. B&w still of Peter Walters. B&w still of Deputy Chairman; Roger Bexon; Peter Cazalet, Patrick Gillam; Michael Rendle; Robert Malpas; Robert Horton; Lord Barber, Chairman of Standard Charter Bank and Tom Jackson. 03:33:03 B&W stills of Alton W Whitehouse Jnr, Chairman of Sohio; Sir Lindsay Alexander, Chairman of Lloyd's Bank International; Sir John Baring, Chairman of Baring Brothers; Sir Campbell Fraser of Dunlop, President of CBI; Sir James Menter, Principal of Queen Mary's College, London; Sir Alistair Pilkington, Director of Pilkingtons; The Earl of Inchcape; Patrick Sheehy, Chairman of BAT Industries. 03:34:20 MS photo of Barbara Ilian in Belfast with press. LS of her with a man in front of ship 'British Success'. WS of British Success at sea. Screen split in four with BP ship in each square. 03:34: Stills of Superman saving BP ship. Two BP vessels - tug in FG , tanker in BG with a rear boom in between - a new oil spill recovery system. Graphic of how the system works. WS two tugs pulling the tube in the sea with the tanker at the side. CU pan of front of tanker. HA Trav shot of tanker 03:37:23 Redhead stopping tape. CU holding a toy petrol pump. Picks up photos. CUs of photos of BP petrol stations. Redhead walks into shot in front of postor of BP petrol station. Cus of images on poster. Redhead holds up paper, camera zooms in. WS customer filling up car at station. CU of petrol gauge. MS Redhead picks up monitor to detect CB radio. 03:39:17 Driving through dark tunnel. Digger loading a lorry. CU of man walking in underground cavern, camera zooms out to LS through tunnel. Shots of men working in cavern. 03:39:48 MS Redhead presenting. Images from an art gallery. MLS John Millward (sp?) NZ MD announcing winning artists. MLSs of his wife presenting the awards. MS of BP Chairman in NZ. WS of him visiting a forestry with group of people and two black cars in BG. MLS he and his wife having a traditional Maori greeting in Rotorua. Shots of craftsmen at work. WS traditional dancing. CUs of paintings at London art exhibition. Mencap poster. Shots of 'Crossroads' stars. 03:41:55 MS Redhead. HA Magnus platform trav shot. MS Redhead. Chinese platform HA shot. Men working on platform. CU sand blowing, camera pans up to Prudhoe Bay terminal. CU of pipe in snow. HA LS of oil storage tanks in snowy mountains. CU of pipe, camera pans up. Men working on pipeline at night. 03:43:05 MS Redhead in front of a map around Prudhoe Bay. 03:43:46 WS conference. MS Redhead with map. HA LS of gravel island in Mukluk with crane and carrier. LA bulldozer picking up earth. HA shot above island under construction. Crane moving gravel. WS bulldozer putting gravel into truck. WS racing car on ice. 03:44:29 CU wheels of truck on ice drilling. CU water. WS trucks on icy landscape. HA trav shot of terminal in snow. CUs of newspaper articles. MS intv. Roger Bexon. MS Redhead interviewing Bexon. 03:48:58 Still photos of Dr Richard Crane, sedimentologist and his brother running in Himalayas. MS Redhead. WS people swimming in sea race. LA WS man walking. Cyclists racing in the dark. WS Crane winning marathon. 03:50:26 END.