Turkey - The Bridge
Turkey - The Bridge
- Release Date: 1st January 1966
- Asset ID: 800809
- Synopsis: This travelogue tells the story of Turkey from 200BC, including the attack by the Greeks, Romans, the origination of the first seven religions, the Crusades, the creation of the Turkish State and the modern tourist industry.
- Shotlist: 17:41:09 START Opening titles. 17:41:23 Ancient ruins, CU head of Medusa at the temple of Apollo, Didyma, cut to looking out over modern Istanbul to Hagia Sophia in the distance, viewed from an Ottoman Cemetery. 17:42:15 Beginnings of Turkish history, the Hittites in 2000 BC and then the Greeks, then Rome, then the beginnings of the Christian church, over footage of relevant ruins. 17:44:41 Landscape features, Cappadocia and the chimneys near Goreme. Hermit cave and monastery footage, both interior and exterior. Frescos. 17:46:35 Constantinople/Istanbul - wide pans, then shots of Pammakaristos church (or Fethiye mosque), interior and exterior. 17:47:50 Ruins of a caravanserai (inn) and the introduction of Islam, in architecture. Korykos castle, views of Kizkalesi or Maiden castle, then a frieze of Byzantine emperor, the walls of Constantinople Istanbul, and the fall of the city. 17:49:22 Many domes of Istanbul, great footage. Fresco of a sultan, paintings of different sultans from the 16th century, the golden throne, great footage from the river of old palace on the Bosphorus 17:50:07 Attaturk, 1922. Statue and road sign, check point with guards, traffic scenes, vacation scenes, snorkelling off a boat near Korykos for underwater relics. Pamukkale cascades, crowded and empty beaches. 17:52:25 Modern Istanbul, traffic and city streets, harbour boats, pedestrians, advertising, shops and stalls, market. 17:54:22 The steps of a mosque through successive window grills, quiet courtyard scenes around a fountain. Interior of mosque, man kneeling, minaret silhouette at night and the lights of the city. 17:55:38 Night life and neon signs, belly dancing and Turkish food, female singer 17:57:21 Reflections of columns at dawn, then sunrise or sunset over ruins and Pamukkale, more columns and back to female singer. Montage of scenic places, good pan of Istanbul and travelling past Hagia Sophia. 17:58:43 Map of Turkey, with locations featured in the film behind end credits.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None