Sunpower - BP Solar
Sunpower - BP Solar
- Release Date: 27th January 1987
- Asset ID: 800805
- Synopsis: Looking at BP Solar in Australia, from solar cell manufacture to how they are being used in everyday life.
- Shotlist: 00:00:01 START Graphics 'BP Australia' over map of Australia. BP shield logo. Archive images joined together and rotating. Caption 'Streamline'. WS desert road with flash of lightning. WS The Quiet Achiever (a 'car' with a solar panel) drives up road and past a group of people who wave. WS and LA WS of The Quiet Achiever driving along road. CU of The Quiet Achiever. WS The Quiet Achiever drives along road with sheep crossing. Trav aerial shot of The Quiet Achiever. Orange sun in dark red sky with caption 'Sunpower'. CU solar cell next to earth. CU of solar cell. CU solar cell opening up. WS solar cell sending out power (blue light) to communications satellites. MS pan of people in control centre. CU of solar cell. Sun behind silhouette of trees. 00:01:59 CU of man's hands studying contents of petri dish under microscope. CUs of the man using the microscope. CU of two mini solar cell being tested in lab. CU of graphic on computer monitor. CU of two mini solar cells. MS Ken Brown (MD of BP Solar Australia. CU of mini solar cell. CU of BP Solar Australia sign on office. 00:02:43 CU of silicone wafer discs being stacked by machine. BCU of woman. CUs of wafers. CU of gauge. WS woman in lab. CU of a drop of phosphorous falling onto wafer, enabling cell to produce an electric charge. CU of rows of wafers. MS woman placing wafers in row. CU of phosphorous being baked on to wafers. Woman puts wafers onto machine which adds grids to wafers to draw off electric current. CU of wafer with grid. CU of wafer with grid fired onto back surface. CU of front being placed onto machine. CU of grid on wafer. A woman uses laser machine on wafers. CU of testing machines. CU of wafers being packed. Women making wafers into modules. CUs woman places film over wafers. Woman operated machine which draws air out of module. CU of the package which has been formed into a glass laminate. 00:04:24 CU pans of modules (an array) wired together and placed in frames outdoors. WSs of telecommunication masts on top of hills. HA WS over main road, camera pans to solar cell on roof. GVs of billboards powered by solar cell. CU of flag and signs. HA WS of people and cars at a car trial. WS of car, camera pans in to solar cell on roof. 00:05:11 MS intvw. with driver. CA to solar cell on car roof. WS beacons fitted with solar panels at sea. Men mooring carrier at Port of Geelong. Trav WS of front of carrier and tug boat from POV of boat. MLS captain steering boat. GVs of beacons. 00:06:10 GVs of countryside in Australia. Man picks bananas from plantation. GVs of Andre Hannequin (sp?) and wife, Ann (sp?) at home, turn on television. CU of house with solar panel on roof. CU of batteries and electric power box. CU of electronic control unit. CU light switch being turned on. CU light turns on. Wife turns on washing machine. Wife vacuums carpet and blends drink. CU of record player. CU of tape machine. 00:07:18 MS intvw. with wife. CA of control unit, power box and batteries. WS of countryside, camera pans in to house. CU pan of solar cell. GVs of Gordon and Kathleen Phillips outside their house. Kitchen light in ceiling, camera pans down to WS of Kathleen cooking. CU of her ironing. CU pan of solar cell. 00:08:35 2S intvw. with Kathleen and Gordon. GVs of goats on farm belonging to Bruce and Bridget Farrer (sp?). Bruce Farrer comes out of house. WS of solar cell on roof of house. 00:09:29 MCU intvw. Bruce. CA to solar panel. Horse-riders at Espom at dawn with solar powered lighting. GVs of lighting. 00:10:18 MS intvw. Alan Jones ( Assistant Manager, Epsom). GVs of sunrise at Queensland's Sunshine Coast. WS speedboat on sea. CU of solar cells on Tourist Information Centre. GVs of centre with tourism officer Lynne Cooley (sp?). CU of fan and light. CU of radio. CU of hot water being poured into mug. 00:11:14 LA WS outback in sunshine. WS kangaroo. GVs around mining community of Yowah. Man next to solar cell. MS intvw. Roy Greenwood (Opal Miner). CU of water coming out of pipe. CU of stream. Water from pipe running down manmade course. Bruser and Neilia Hagen (sp?) watering their garden. GVs of solar panels. 00:12:05 MCU intvw. with wife. CA to the Hagens looking at rocks under solar light. Trav shots over outback from underneath wing of plane. Views over outback from cockpit, with pilot in shot. Trav aerial shots over houses in outback. WS of plane flying over outback. WS sheep with solar cells in BG. Car drives into shot with dog on the back, Graham Brown and friend get out and walk over to solar panel. CU of Brown wiping panel. Men walk over to water trough. MS intvw. with Brown. CA pans of panels. CU of water tanks. WS boat sailing down Buckenboura River on Bateman Bay, camera pans up to solar cell. Solar power system in Pat May's garden. Pat turns off diesel generator. Pat and his wife Mona walk up to their house. GVs of solar cells, batteries, solar current gauge. LA CU pan across to Energy Authority of NSW. GVs in office. 00:15:38 Trav aerial shot over outback of Pilborough (sp?) region of Western Australia in drought. GVs of cows. Farmer with cattle. GVs of Ray and Murray Kennedy of Roy Hill Station installing solar electric units. MCU intvw. Ray. 00:17:06 GVs of solar cells at production line being checked for quality control. 00:17:37 MCU intvw. Ken Brown. GVs of windmills in rural Australia. WS The Quiet Achiever driving along road with windmill in FG. CU of windmill with water in BG. CU GVs of solar panels. Graphics 'BP Australia' over map of Australia. BP shield logo. Archive images joined together and rotating. Caption 'Streamline'. 00:19:21 END.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None