Condor 1 (1965)
Condor 1 (1965)
- Release Date: 1st January 1965
- Asset ID: 802561
- Synopsis: A one hundred and forty seater hydrofoil comes into service between the Channel Islands and France and made history by being the first hydrofoil to operate on a regular commercial basis in these waters and the first to obtain a fully International Class Two Certificate in the world.
- Shotlist: 00:01:30:00 - Begins. Various shots of Condor 1 hydrofoil in action; a man driving it, close-up of flag billowing. 00:01:53 - Title - Condor 1 00:02:08:00 - music and voiceover begins, introducing Condor 1 as an international passenger service. Panning shot of St Peter Port in Guernsey, where Condor 1 is based. Establishing shots of street signs, long shots of bay, beach shots, kids playing on beach and paddling in the sea, holidaymakers on beach, woman sunbathing. Voiceover explains alternative methods of travel; shot of people travelling on a boat. Panning shots of port, long shot of the Condor in port with sailboats going past, the voiceover explains qualities of the Condor (i.e. its range etc.) Shots of man working on the Condor, of control panel, lights coming on and captain pressing buttons. Shots of engines whirring and working. The captain checks that all is shipshape. Mid-shot of the Condor with passengers getting on, the captain casts off and sounds the horns, shot of onlookers. Long shot of Condor in action, voiceover explains how hydrofoils work, the captain puts the speed up and elevator foils extend from underneath. The captain at the wheel, flag billowing, various shots of the Condor in action. Voiceover explains about navigational aids. The Condor arrives at Jersey: establishing shots of beach, women in bikinis, children playing, deckchairs. Map of the Channel Islands zooms out to reveal that the Condor also goes to St Malo in France. The Condor in port, passengers getting on, various shots of the Condor in action and internal shots of passengers. Shot from front of the craft of the Condor coming into port in France, voiceover explains its advanced technology. Establishing shots of St Malo: children on merrygoround, women in cafe, funfair, which then pans to a shot of a busy street. Long shot of a beach. The Condor in port and then in action again, operating in choppy conditions (BP shield logo visible on front). Voiceover explains economic advantages, and the exhileration of the experience. Closeups of various different passengers on the back of the Condor enjoying themselves. 00:09:42 - Credits begin. 00:10:097 - End.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: Digibeta_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None