- Release Date: 1st January 1970
- Asset ID: 802430
- Synopsis: A film highlighting the role played by car oil in keeping the engine from breaking down. The programme also includes a series of car trials code named ALLEGRO for BP Super Visco Oil. Could well have been made by a European part of BP, as it features only German, Italian & French cars.
- Shotlist: 10:00:00 CUs cars. CUs people getting into cars and driving off. CUs people driving on motorways. People getting in and out of their cars, CU of red traffic light. GVs cars stuck in traffic jams and busy traffic, CUs green and red traffic lights. Car breaking violently on road. Car skidding on corner. CUs car engines. 10:02:45 GVs a car driving towards camera. CU of oil being poured into tubes in laboratory. Lab GVs. 10:03:29 Testing car engines in lab under winter conditions. Graphics. 10:06:02 CUs of engine being tested. Graphics of oil moving through engine. 10:07:48 CU spring loaded valves. CU of engine and CU on engine parts. CU oil being poured into tube in lab. WSs of testing at motor manufacturers. 10:08:55 People getting into cars in snow in Sweden as part of a trial to test cars in freezing conditions. GVs of journey. 10:10:30 GVs cars driving along rural roads in Italy to evaluate car performance at high speed and high temperature, incl. shots from POV car. 10:11:51 CUs of clean engine components. 10:12:44 GVs cars driving through countryside in snow and summer. Credits. BP Shield logo. 10:13:32 END.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: Digibeta_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None