- TITLE: Trims Can 5 - Operation Canadian Plant (199), Brazil (201) & Motorshow (323)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1950
- SYNOPSIS: Operation Canadian Plant shows Castrol workers in Canada, 1950. Brazil shows Castrol building being built in 1960. Plus people looking at exhibits in motorshow.
- BP ASSET ID: 803336
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: (Unknown)(Mute) 1950s Rushes of the preparation before a trip to the Isle of Mann for the TT race and the race itself. Shots of motorbikes being lifted onto a ferry; the wing of a plane from passenger seat as plane takes-off; LS of ferry at sea; the three bikes being unloaded from the ferry ('Lady of Mann'; name of adjacent ferry); riders get on the bikes at the port; people coming out of a building called 'Hydro' on the seafront; CU of 'TT Clypse Course' sign, shots of motorbike and sidecar race from the crowd. 00:12:45 Operation Canadian Plant. Title reads 'On March 1st 1950 we received title to the site.' Long pan of snowy grass land and 'sold' sign. Various stages of construction - foundations being laid, steam pouring out of a truck's bonnet, railroad line being laid, the structure taking shape. 00:20:40 Long pan of front of new building and a large 'Wakefield Castrol Motor Oil' sign on the roof. Car park shots and internal shots of desk workers. There are titles throughout the film describing stages of the construction process. There is also footage of the sign being put up, the lawn being laid, the keys being handed over and workers in the new building. 3. Brazil (00:23:43) 1960 Internal shots of a Castrol Building in Brazil whilst being constructed. Construction workers in the grounds outside. Footage of a Brazilian oil plant/refinery being constructed, also there is footage of oil drums in a warehouse, being loaded on to a transporter and GVs of the outside of the building. 00:27:13 - External shots of Castrol building in Brazil Store area containing lots of Castrol oil drums and out houses in the back, and more construction work shots. 4. Motor Show (00:31:25) GVs of a motor show in particular the Castrol Formula 1 car and the RAC European Grand Prix at Brands Hatch exhibit. Including LS of crowded motorshow with people looking at various cars, good shot of a Grand Prix car on a spinning display zoom in to Castrol logo Brands Hatch Grand Prix stand. Various shots of people at the Grand Prix exhibition stand. End - 00:34:15.