- TITLE: Wheels, Wings and Water - Castrol
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1975
- SYNOPSIS: Short film tracing the achievements in motoring, developments in Castrol oil and world events from 1899 to 1970s.
- BP ASSET ID: 802724
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: B&W
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: Digibeta_Small
- SHOTLIST: Titles: ‘The story of great Castrol achievements’. 1899; veteran racing cars on dusty track. Still of Charles ‘Cheers’ Wakefield. Biplanes; World War I. Castrol oil. Cars. Sir Henry Seagrave speed test on beach in 1929. Sir Malcolm Campbell in 1935 breaking 100 mph speed barrier on water. Quick shots of biplanes, female pilot (Amy Johnson?); stills of Amy Johnson and Jean Batten on Castrol posters. Several shots of glorious vintage cars. Street scenes, traffic. Captain George Eastern on speed record attempt (curved concrete track). Thunderbolt which achieved 357 mph. Traffic in winter and summer. WW2: battleships, tanks, planes, VE day celebrations. Traffic in 1950s; car racing in Grand Prix. Campbell reaching 202 mph on water in 1955. BOAC aircraft. TT races on Isle of Mann. Mini Coopers racing. Faster family cars in 1970s. Montage of shots of cars racing. Hovercraft, jet plane, train, Concorde. Castrol oil cans through the ages. Item repeats 5 times with incomplete copy at the end of the tape.