Dial Double One
Dial Double One
- Release Date: 1st January 1965
- Asset ID: 800796
- Synopsis: Colour, with sound. The story of two emergencies - a holiday skier from Italy who falls and breaks his leg and has to be rescued by a light aircraft, and a group of Swiss woodsmen who are overwhelmed by an avalanche, searched for and finally found by a helicopter crew aided by a specially trained dog.
- Shotlist: 10:29:30 Opening titles. 10:30:17 Dramatic aerial footage of the Swiss Alps and a small biplane, both from the ground and aerial shots. 10:31:06 Three Italian skiers off piste. One has an accident, and is tended to. Another skier goes for help. 10:32:58 The Swiss Air Guard respond to the emergency from a variety of professions, including airport manager and butcher. 10:34:28 The butcher drives to a small airport, loads supplies and takes off to search. Through the window at the Alps. 10:36:11 Supplies are dropped and the plane lands. 10:37:13 The injured skier is put on a stretcher and into the plane. 10:38:44 The Alps, and a small village where woodsmen are going off to work by horse and cart. 10:39:59 Avalanche! 10:40:19 The aftermath. A boy goes for help. 10:41:22 The Swiss Air Guard are called in, through the mist. A search dog arrives, but conditions are not good on the mountain. 10:44:10 Helicopter takes off, arrives and the situation is explained. 10:45:33 The rescue dog goes to work, finds two people. 10:46:54 The second child is put on a stretcher and into the helicopter. 10:47:36 The final person is found and put on the helicopter as well. 10:51:28 End Credits.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None