- TITLE: A Perfect Oil
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1965
- SYNOPSIS: A Castrol film about the perfect lubricating oil being impossible to create and the processes that happen to create an oil as close to perfect as possible.
- BP ASSET ID: 803364
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: Footage includes scientific tests and scientists in laboratories as well as testing oils in a cold neutron radiography chamber to create and invisible engine to see how oil behaves inside. 00:01:10 Lab shots pouring oil in different temperatures, scientific tests done on oil to demonstrate a perfect oil and showing how oil works. 00:05:13 Oil blender and how to blend oil. 00:06:00 testing viscosity and demonstrating what bad oil can do to an engine. 00:08:02 The test house engines that are always running to find out how they work under different conditions. 00:10:50 Research atomic reactor in Harwell, England - using cold neutron radiography to see through the engine. 00:14:09 A car in garage having its oil changed. 00:14:31 A sunbather in a bikini caught in a rain shower. 00:14:46 Engine oil comparison test - Ann Arbour in Detroit. 00:18:06 x-rays of an engine.