- TITLE: Round the TT Course with Geoff Duke 1952 Golden Jubilee Promo 1957
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1955
- SYNOPSIS: Promotional film for the TT course in the Isle of Man presented by motorcyclist Geoff Duke. Followed by short promo for the Tourist Trophy in 1957 with commentary by Graham Walker. A Castrol Film.
- BP ASSET ID: 803359
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: The Castrol Film Unit
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:01:10 START nice GVs of the Isle of Man port and town including people, transport and signs relating to the TT race. Seems to be shot on 8mm film. 00:01:56 Opening titles: CC Wakefield & Co Ltd - the makers of Castrol present - Round The TT Course With... ', CU Geoff Duke signing his name on an autograph book. 00:02:19 Geoff Duke in a workshop delivering a piece to camera about the T.T. and achieving a 100 mph lap. It includes titles with facts and figures and also a map. 00:05:40 Riders preparing to attempt a 100 mph lap of the course, setting off on the first lap. Among them are Cromie McCandless, Bill Doran William Doran and Les Brown. 00:06:29 Race footage GVs with commentary from Geoff Duke. Spectator GVs 00:15:43 Shot of Geoff Duke doing a piece to camera standing next to map of the course. 00:16:04 End titles: 'Castrol - The Masterpiece in Oil - Filmed in the Isle of Man by LW Roques, Interior sequences & recording by Brent Laboratories Ltd, Produced by The Castrol Film Unit, with the co-operation of RR Holliday (Motor Cycling). 00:16:25 End of programme. 00:16:46 Short promotional film for the TT Races. Various shots of racers on the T.T. course with a V/O from Graham Walker giving the dates of the Golden Jubilee races and saying that if petrol rationing still exists, special supplementary supplies will be available to visitors to the island. 00:17:42 end of promo film. Film is repeated twice, starting at 00:17:46 and 00:18:47. 00:19:44 end.