Castrol Commercials Can 1
Castrol Commercials Can 1
- Release Date: 1st January 1970
- Asset ID: 803350
- Synopsis: A number of Castrol Commercials for India, Germany, UK, Japan in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Shotlist: Ad 1) India - motorbikes and cars starting off on race, vehicles on roads, aeroplanes. Shots of oil splooshing intercut with quick cuts of girl with very long hair in bikini on beach running towards camera. Girl turning round with silver fabric of dress stretched out, superimposed on oil pouring down. Oil in test lab bottles, men checking. 'In India since 1919'. By Appi Films for Novi Csun Advertising' Ad 2)GVs of two animated bottles of Castrol GTX oil one big one small. Ad 3) Singapore 1973. An egg with the Castrol logo is broken open and a car falls out and drives round some Castrol products (same as C00669) Ad 4) 1970 High Performance Oil. POV from car racing round rally track. GTX letters on side of road. Car comes to halt in front of black sign. Ad 5) Mandarin Malay Sea of Cans. Man talking from top of millions of Castrol oil cans, then standing inside working engine with parts turning round, he struggles to keep his balance. Castrol is poured in, all works smoothly. Followed by shorter version. Ad 6) 1985 ' Changing'. Oil running slowly over silver designing utensils, up side of can and down the other side, to rest in a pool with spanner. Ad 7) Brazil. a) Man talking to camera while mechanic works on car behind him. Man is persuading us to buy Castrol. b) Same, talking over bonnet of car. c) woman with motorbike on back of small truck talks plenty about Castrol. d) Shorter version of same. e) Pilot man in sports car with girl, pulling up at service station (studio). Pilot's hat is on dashboard. He talks to camera about Castrol. f) Shorter version of same. 8) Japan Safari ad - car on dusty rally course, animation of oil in engine, Castrol GTX7. Followed by shorter version. 9) Japan, GTX7 - Castrol tin amongst car parts laid out on silver, intercut with car on track POV. Followed by shorter version. 10) Canada (1970s/1980s?). Archive-style sepia footage of old jalopy car driving along road, past shops. Modern car passes, image comes into colour, car stops at Veedol service station, jalopy passes and honks horn. Followed by same in French. 11) POV driving along country lane, horse passing on opposite side. Castrol can: 'Liquid Engineering'. 12) POV driving along motorway, sparse traffic. Castrol can: 'Liquid Engineering'. 13) USA. Men get into red cars, drive off to leave red stripes illustrating performance of alternate oil brands and Castrol. 14) USA. Night shots, dial going round, smaller cars in clumps, Castrol tin 'The Motor Oil Engineered for Smaller Cars'. 15) USA Small car on pedestal. Red cars drive off leaving stripe as in ad 14. Mechanics look under car on ramp. The Oil Engineered for Smaller Cars'. 16) Old US cars smoking along country road, smaller cars driving along. Red car stripes. Smaller cars overtake larger.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None