Trial and Error
Trial and Error
- Release Date: 1st January 1958
- Asset ID: 803346
- Synopsis: A short instructional film pointing out some common faults in the organization and observation of motor-cycle trials and suggesting how these may be overcome.
- Shotlist: 00:01:09 Opening titles over various shots of trial bike riders riding and falling off over a sandy course: 'Trial and Error ... or how to organise one without the other - A Castrol Film - Produced by Kinocrat Films Limited - Commentary by Harry Louis, Editor of "The Motorcycle" - spoken by Nevil Lloyd - Technical Adviser Ralph Venables. Grateful acknowledgement is made to the co-operation given in the making of this film by The Army Motor Cycling Association and by the riders...'. 00:01:50 GVs of the riders taking part: Peter Stirland, Harry Rayner, Bill Brooker and Staff Sergeant Nicholson. 00:02:04 Motorcyclist drives round bend in wooded area and comes off the front of the bike, mud-splattered rider and bike are helped up. Various shots of riders going around dirt tracks to show how to ride through and mark sections of trial tracks. 00:05:06 Various shots of riders on same dirt course, this time looking more at feet touching the ground and making faults, with shots of officials recording mark. 00:07:51 More shots of riders on the dirt course cut with shots of marshals helping riders, officials marking the riders and where they should be standing, and inspecting bikes. 00:10:44 Riders going through stream, marking by officials. One gets splattered by mud. Army system of each rider being responsible for his markcard and getting it marked by official. Rider arguing with official over point. 00:12:59 end logo: 'Castrol - The Masterpiece in Oils'. 00:13:10 end.
- Production Company: Kinocrat Films Limited
- Licensing Restrictions: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None