- TITLE: Trillium Rally and Castrol Commercials - Canadian footage
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1976
- SYNOPSIS: Tape has four sections of material; (1) the Canadian Trillium Rally, (2) two versions of a Canadian Castrol Super GTX advert, (3) Short film covering the history of Castrol (4) A short film on the International Warranty package.
- BP ASSET ID: 803616
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: Tape has four sections of material 00:01:08 START. (1) Trillium Rally - The film starts with interview with rally drivers Jean Paul Perusse and Walter Boyce. The film then cuts to a presenter for CTB's Wide World of Sport at the preparations for the Trillium Rally. He talks to rally co-drivers about navigating and the V/O informs new viewers about the rules and techniques of rally driving. There are other drivers being interviewed but no names are given. The film includes footage of the rally and service stops. 00:24:28 (2) An advert for Castrol in Canada - Perusse (an international rally driver is driving through the city to his day job mixed with shots of him rally driving. The V/O explains that in both his daily and racing cars he uses Castrol Super GTX . 00:25:26 Second, shorter version of the previous advert. 00:25:57 (3) A short film about the history of Castrol with footage of the record attempts that the company have sponsored including Jean Baton and George Eyston. There is also footage of old and modern cars and information about the development of oil. Includes Canadian originated Castrol Super GTX 00:27:03 (4) A short film for car dealership owners about the International Warranty package and information for selling customers an Extended Auto Warranty from the International warranty company Ltd. The film starts with footage of examples of security; a nappy, a lock, a helmet, wellies in the rain, an umbrella. Shots of a Canadian street in 1976. Cuts to a motorist buying a second hand car from a dealership. The film then explains how to sell the international warranty, what it covers, how it works and the physical parts of the car it covers (footage of those parts). The footage also features lots of GVs of cars and other vehicles. 00:34:50 ENDS.