- Release Date: 1st January 1983
- Asset ID: 803411
- Synopsis: This film follows Rauno Aaltonen as he takes part in the International Lobster Rally 1983.
- Shotlist: Rauno Aaltonen is described as the foremost authority on rally techniques and the film features Aaltonen talking through his driving techniques whilst rallying including handbrake turns, pendulums and left foot braking. It also features his co-driver Canadian Champion Roger Black. Film starts with an introduction to Rauno Aaltonen with footage of him walking around cars, accompanying VO talking about why rallying is popular. 00:02:10 Rally footage. 00:02:23 GVs around Helsinki followed by a VO by Aaltonen discussing the sport with rally footage. 00:04:04 Shots in workshop of rally team with mechanic working on the engine (good aerial shots of car). 00:05:22 underside of car and going through every aspect of the car; for example tyre and mechanical placement. 00:05:55 Canadian Champion Randy Black trying his seat in the car. 00:06:32 A rally start with VO from Aaltonen about what he thinks about at the point. 00:07:13 International Lobster Rally start VO from Aaltonen. 00:08:42 Driving techniques including left foot breaking, shots include drivers POVs and inside and outside the car. 00:15:37 Examples of perfect four wheel drifts. 00:17:42 At the rendezvous with service crews GVs of cars being serviced and parts being changed. 00:19:07 More rallying techniques. 00:21:56 GVs of the team members chatting. 00:22:18 Preparation and night rallying. 00:24:41 Shots of Aaltonen being presented with trophies.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None