- Release Date: 6th August 1957
- Asset ID: 803431
- Synopsis: A film about the Formula 1 German Grand Prix at Nurburgring in 1957. A Castrol Film.
- Shotlist: This film features footage of the teams arriving with introductions to teams and drivers and car specs; a description of the circuit with POV shots - Hubert Frowner (?) driving a BMW Lola around the track. It also features interviews with Jim Clark, Dennis Hulme, Dan Gurney, Jackie Stewart, Chris Amon, Jack Brabham and Graham Hill about the circuits and with Hill and Brabham about their practice problems. Lots of footage of the drivers, including Fangio who wins the race, teams preparing for the race in the pits, drivers talking to engineers. There are GVs around the circuit of crowds and stalls with shots of spectators eating and camping and a sequence of shots with people eating sausages. The main footage of the race starts with a sequence of the cars in the pit and entering the grid V/O with names and makes and info about teams and race. There are some nice high angle shots of the race and also shots as each car is in the pit. This race is considered by many to be Fangio's greatest performance.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- Viewing Restrictions: BP Only
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None