Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
- Release Date: 1st January 1964
- Asset ID: 800808
- Synopsis: This film is a travelogue, an impression with music but no words of the West Indian islands of Trinidad and Tobago - their landscape, agriculture, architecture, industry, carnival and above all their people. An extended montage of images to local music.
- Shotlist: Film starts 00:01:30 00:01:30 Titles over sunrise 00:02:01 Landscape montage, including river, ocean and forest. 00:02:57 Short bits of many different birds, moving alongside different tree-lined roads as if in a car, more birds and a fisherman with his net and boat. 00:04:02 Moving through a swamp or bayou on a boat. Birds diving for fish 00:04:45 Along the beach, and in town, houses and buildings. 00:05:48 People crushing nuts with their feet, picking fruit, in the vegetable garden, a cow and a cricket match. 00:06:51 Painting and sculpture, in the background and in different close ups. 00:07:19 Cutting sugar cane, with oxen, and transporting it by truck and train. 00:08:14 Different vehicles and then shops, including a barbers. 00:09:01 Scenes from the market, then children playing and another cricket match. 00:10:57 Wide shot of train reversing, travelling along different scenes as if on the train, including fire in the sugar cane and a pipeline. 00:11:45 Industry montage. BP logo on hardhat, drillers at work. Tractors, a bottling plant, textiles and sugar, engines and construction, among other things. 00:13:20 An off-shore oil platform and drilling at sea, the tempo increases! Intercut with bottling footage. 00:14:02 Steel band and street procession. Lots of costumes and close-ups. 00:15:58 Larger procession with more elaborate costumes and headdresses. Like Carnival! 00:18:56 End montage. 00:19:24 End titles over travelling footage.
- Production Company: Geoffrey Jones Films Ltd.
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: Digibeta_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None