- TITLE: Talking About Cutting Fluids
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1973
- SYNOPSIS: A general introduction to cutting fluids: their composition, use, and maintenance. Best part of film is shot at the British Leyland plant at Longbridge, Birmingham; the remainder at Castrol's own Research Establishment at Bracknell.
- BP ASSET ID: 803425
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:00:37:00 Starts. Lots of CUs of fluids and machinery. Voiceover explains how 'cutting fluids' are used to cut and shape metals. CUs of drilling, with and without cutting fluids. Types of cutting fluids: water + chemicals, oils + chemicals, and mixture of water, oil, and chemicals. CUs of creating an emulsion. Gratuitous mermaid shot. Then cartoon illustration of molecules, and scientific explanation of their structure and behaviour, and how this affects cutting fluids. CUs of machinery, and of cutting fluids being used. Safety precautions when using cutting fluids - funny sequence where disembodied hand clicks and protective clothing 'magically' appears on a person. Tips for the most efficient use of cutting fluids. The disposal of waste fluids. Credits. 00:16:50 - End.