- TITLE: Circuit De Spa - Francorchamps, 1982
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1982
- SYNOPSIS: This Castrol sponsored film covers the 1982 Belgian Grand Prix at Spa featuring information about the new course; interviews with the drivers (including Barry Sheen, Kenny Roberts, Marco Lucchinelli, Giacomo Agostini, Roberto Gallina, Freddy Spencer and Franco Uncini) and teams of the 500 and 250 classes; a look at sponsorship changes at the grand prix; GVs around paddock and track practice in the rain and the races and also includes sidecar racing.
- BP ASSET ID: 803423
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:01:00 number 7 countdown leader (circa 80s) 00:01:12 Super Slow mo Motor GP Bikes around a corner MS. Pink Floyd style soft rock music in BG. Super slow cross dissolves with behind shots (MCU-MLS) of bikes backs around corners (Yamaha, Honda, Marlborough Sponsorship on backs of biker suits). 00:02:43 'Castrol Presents' 'Spa' a C.H. WOOD Production. MCMLXXXII' 00:03:02 Super Slow mo montage off Motor bikes moving around corners during a race. 00:03:10 Motor bike film kicks into full speed (25fps). 00:03:49 MS Circuit name over bar. VO Commences. General Motor bike GVs continues. 00:04:18 Map graphic showing route. Some bends are called London, Luxembourg, Peru and Copenhagen. Map graphic dissolves into GVs off race action. 00:05:15 American rider Kenny Roberts interview trackside. Talking about old circuit and new circuit and safety. 00:05:48 XLS Grandstand (BG) Tents etc... In FG. GVs HA LSs camp site for Motor Bike crew. 00:05:54 LS Blonde woman pushing motor bike with male. 00:05:56 LS Woman 30s pushing child boy (3-4) on toy bike. 00:05:57 Pan R to L MS-CU-MS man (white with black beard) on scooter stops as he nearly runs into man getting on supped up motor bike. 00:06:01 GVs Sponsorship logos on tents etc... Yamaha, Castrol, Honda, Suzuki, Michelin man (someone in costume waving), Gauloises, Pirelli, Pepsi, Johnson team, Shell, Old 2-3 MLS off Mercedes car (from 70s or 80s Plate is ADK 994). 00:06:27 LS Barry Sheen's 'Team Yamaha 7' Truck. 00:06:28 GVs Motor race continue. VO introduces interview with Barry Sheen. 00:06:35 Interview Barry Sheen in MS. Talks about new track ('DE SPA'), the number of sponsors, becoming more professional no longer treat it as a joke, 'its changed quite a lot and more multinational companies coming into it'. 00:07:1 LS Group 2 red crew members kicking black and white leather football. 00:07:21 Interview with New Zealander Graham Crosby. 'People are being employed for their mechanical ability. 00:07:57 GVs of race continue. 00:07:59 Marco Lucchinelli interview. MS. Ext. Sunny hot day. 'I think Motorcycle is much better than F1.' 00:08:07 'VO 'and there is plenty to see' gratuitous montage of ladies on and around course to Carry on 'how's ya father' music. 00:08:28 CU Giacomo Agostini kissing wife or girlfriend. 00:08:44 CU back end motorbike. 3 crew members fixing bike. 00:08:56 interview MCU with Giacomo Agostini and Roberto Gallina 00:09:27 MCU Roberto Gallina 00:09:34 GV Crew fixing bike. Shot off trailer with 'SANVENERO' black branding, Ext. Two crew members enter tent. 00:10:05 LS isometric HONDA RACING TEAM trailer. Uniroyal tower in BG. GVs of race continue. 00:10:24 Freddy Spencer CU Interview. Talks about race. GV Japanese man pushing bike to get it starting. GVs bike starting in group of crew and spectators. 00:11:36 Jeanne Louie Tunnard GVs racing and getting off bike with his father (Maurice) helping him. 00:12:01 Interview with Tunnard. 10:12:08 XLS track and mountain range. GVs of people stood around in the rain with rain coats on etc. GVs bikes around a circuit in heavy rain. Dunlop, Gulf, Shell, Bastos signs. 10:13:08 Race day. GVs Grandstand (Loburg signs). Cars drive around side on, on two wheels. (Rizla sign on car) GVs continue off race. LS Driver falling off. 00:14:21 Start 250 race. Texaco sign, HA shot off start. GVs crowd, many smoking with beards, hay in FG as cycles wiz round corner (camera tracks). McGregor taking part, Tunnard taking part, Mang (sp?), 00:19:27 End of race, CUs racers getting off bikes. Tony Mang (sp?) is the winner. Track back him walking smiling. Tunnard sixth place. 00:19:53 GVs 3 wheel (side car) race. Rolf Biland (number 1), Jones and Taylor participating.