- TITLE: Motor Sport 1953
- RELEASE DATE: 08/08/1953
- SYNOPSIS: This film depicts 3 motor racing events in 1953, the inaugural meeting at the new Oulton Park Circuit, the Swiss Grand Prix and the Lake Windermere Motor Boat Race. A Castrol Film.
- BP ASSET ID: 803449
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: The film opens by introducing the new race track at Oulton Park with a POV shot - driving round that track and footage from the race meeting. GVs of crowds, race teams and drivers briefing. There is also footage of the official procession and beginning of race. At 00:09:54 GVs of a cable car, Berne and the Bremgarten circuit for the Swiss Grand Prix. The drivers featured in the race are Alberto Ascari, Mike Hawthorne, and Luigi Villoresi amongst others. There is footage from around the paddock and of the teams as well as the cars being wheeled to the grid and footage of the race. Shots of the drivers finishing the race and directly afterwards. At 00:18:00 there is the Hard Chins and Prop Rider Motor Boat Race at Lake Windermere. Footage includes GVs of Lake District scenery and boats on the lake, GVs of hard chine boat and hydro plane on lake accompanied by an explanation of the difference between them. There is some footage of Castrol racing manager George Williams interviewing Frank Lydall, Windermere Racing Club Committee Secretary, about the committee and the boats specifications. GVs around boat meet including moored boats and spectators. The film ends with footage from the boat race and view from back of boat.