- TITLE: The Magic of a Name
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1960
- SYNOPSIS: This film is a promotional film for Rolls Royce; it discusses their services and manufacturing capabilities.
- BP ASSET ID: 803429
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Music, Artiste
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: The film shows the different divisions of Rolls Royce engine production; the aero engine, the motorcar engine and the oil engine. The film goes on to demonstrate what happens in the factories and research and development departments of each division. The footage includes a great deal of factory and laboratory shots of the engine parts being tested. It also gives the viewer an overview of the types of machines and vehicles their engines are used in, for example, planes such as the de Havilland Comet and The Grummond Gulf Stream, Rolls Royce cars, trains, military vehicles such as tanks and other industrial vehicles.